Juncker Schinkel, different core-finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juncker Schinkel, different core-finish

these crosses have been identified as Juncker Schinkel, because they were assembled with ww1 stock frames.
    Kind of new to me, but I have found 2 so far (with a little assistance, thank you Trevor!)

Although the core is pretty much identical, the finish is completely different.

Here they are:
    Attached Files

sbs
    Attached Files

Comment

date comparisson
      Attached Files

Comment

Very good find Ben
        For a complete comparison would be interesting to see both sides together as the last pic, thanks.

Comment

Ben :
          In post one you mention these 'Juncker Schinkels' were assembled with WW1 stock frames : so that means they measure about 42 by 42 mm in size ?

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
            Very good find Ben
            For a complete comparison would be interesting to see both sides together as the last pic, thanks.
            ?
            like in post # 2??

@ Douglas: nope, they are 44 mm .
            But this frame goes back a long way, even before ww1 if I recall well.

better wait for Trevor to chime in, after all e discovered these Schinkles

Comment

So the crosses started out larger than 42X42 befor WW1 , then were made smaller during WW1 and back to 44X44 mm during WW2 . Why were these 'Schinkel frame dies' kept - hidden for about 40 years - and then suddenly re-used ?

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                ?
                like in post # 2??
                like post n. 3 if possible, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                  So the crosses started out larger than 42X42 befor WW1 , then were made smaller during WW1 and back to 44X44 mm during WW2 . Why were these 'Schinkel frame dies' kept - hidden for about 40 years - and then suddenly re-used ?

Douglas
                  Were they ever 42 by 42 ??
                  I don't know.
                  Hand-filing does a lot. just look at the oversized ek2 and it's " little brother"....

I don't have a 1914 to compare it with, sorry.....

@ fabri: what exactly are you looking for?
                  In post #2 you see both 6 'o clock arms ???

ben

Comment

Some early W&L and R3 crosses have that same type of lumpy/pasty paint . Early B Type crosses have thick paint as well - however with a stippled/dotted surface texture .

Douglas

Comment

Some early W&L and R3 crosses have that same type of lumpy/pasty paint . Early B Type crosses have thick paint as well - however with a stippled/dotted surface texture .

Douglas
                      I don't know this paint from round3 crosses, just the stippled core.....

Comment

So that sounds like these were made 44X44 during WW1 ?

Douglas

Comment

So that sounds like these were made 44X44 during WW1 ?

Douglas

As I already stated: I don't have a 1914 cross so I can't compare, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Comment

I do not have any of those either , to me they are not Juncker Schinkels .

Here is the pedestaled R3 one I have with that same thick lumpy paint .

Douglas
                            Attached Files

Comment

I do not have any of those either , to me they are not Juncker Schinkels .

Here is the pedestaled R3 one I have with that same thick lumpy paint .

Douglas
                              According to Trevor these frames go back way before ww1, so they are real Schinkels.

the round3 you show has a stippled core,it's not caused by the paint.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X