CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First and only EK picked up since the 1970s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First and only EK picked up since the 1970s.

As some of you know, I quit actively collecting in the late 70s.....although I sometimes say it was about 1985 when I quit. Today I was at a small local flea market, and at a table with tools I found and bought the first EK, or any other medal, I have gotten since the 1970s.......paid a few times more than I used to sell them for however.

I understand from searching the information here that this is one from the maker Gustav Brehmer.......is that correct? No the person had nothing else.......this was the only thing they had.

Sorry for the quick photos.......I still don't have my photo stuff set up as yet. The frosting looks much better than in these quick handheld shots.

Ron

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I think you have a beauty,,,, very nice EK2...
    Van
    And as for the photo's,,, dang, very nice for "quick" pics.... lol....

Comment

Now that is a lovely Gustav Brehmer congrats
      Regards,
      Jordan

Comment

Very nice cross.

If these photos are the quick handheld ones, I'd love to see the ones you take your time with
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

A very nice Brehmer

Comment

Very nice cross indeed

Comment

Looks great Ron!

Nick

Comment

Nice cross

Andy

Comment

A classy looking cross.

David

Comment

That's a beauty for sure.

Be careful Ron. They are addictive. I quit collecting a few years ago and just wanted a few crosses to display on the wall. Now I have 50...

Comment

Beautiful cross Ron. Great photos too...especially for being quick!

Comment

Thanks for all the good comments.......it is always good to hear good things, but it is better to hear the truth no matter what it is; however, in this case I guess the good things are the truth....with the exception of the pictures. They really can be better when I get my tripods and copystands set up.....they can hold the cameras much more steady than I can and that was true even when I was younger. In this case I just grabbed a piece of black velvet that I bought years ago to line some displays I made; threw it down in my lap and across my legs; bounced the flash off the white ceiling above me; and fired away without even my micro lens..........as for the number it was the same (except for the bounce flash) just a different camera (a little P7000 Nikon) with a macro setting.......but still handheld......haven't had it that long yet and am still playing with it and learning.

Now......after all the good comments, I am almost afraid to hear the rest. As I said, I quit really going after this stuff years ago and I haven't kept up with any of it, including price. When I last dealt in this stuff, I sold EK 2s for around $6 each, but I paid a little more than 3 times that for this one (that is the least they would take). The question is......what is it worth, did I pay too much? I really don't know current prices. I prefer the truth, so you can tell me if I burned myself.

I gave it to my son, who is 13, anyway, since I already had a few from my previous collecting days and he liked it.

Thanks,
                        Ron

Comment

It's worth between $100 and $165. The prices vary widely. At a big dealer or a big militaria show it would be priced at $150 because of its condition and because it's maker marked.

In my opinion Brehmer is one of the very best makers, and this is a very nice example. Your son did well .
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thanks for the information......makes me feel better to know I didn't get burned. It makes me feel even better to know I must have really gotten a good deal on it at the person's own price......and it made my son feel even better!

I took a couple more pictures of it to try to show the frosting a bit better.

Thanks,
                            Ron

Comment

Can you tell me is it common that there is no hump around the swastika?
                              I've only seen Brehmer's with hump.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X