Spange good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spange good?

Hello. Is this an original Spange? Thank you. . . . . .

EK II Spange

IMO, it is a bad one. Godet & Co did not make EK II spanges. Please let the pros tell you for sure. Go to search and you can look up this type of spange. Smitty.

Comment

Spange

The spange is a fake, all spanges were made under LDO codes. The box appears to be original, but would suggest you post it in the "Cases and Packet forum". Jim

Comment

As stated before, not good

Andy

Comment

That Spange is not one I would add to my collection.

/Flemming

Comment

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I purchased this spange from an online dealer whose return policy after five days is, if it is found to be a fake they would like a signed letter from the person claiming this and pointing out what the issues are. Can those that have an issue with this piece please contact me via PM to help in having this item returned? I do not wish to openly critisize this dealer if they honor their return policy. I will let everyone know how this transpires.

Comment

This one also comes marked as L/4.

Comment

I consider the box to be good. As for reasons for the return I believe you already have received them:

1- Maker mark 21 have not been found to be an issuer of spanges (Smitty),

2- This particular one has been found to have another maker mark (L/4 Darrell).

With that in mind, do a search in the forum and you will have all you need to make your case.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarathustra View Post
                    Thank you for your replies. I purchased this spange from an online dealer whose return policy after five days is, if it is found to be a fake they would like a signed letter from the person claiming this and pointing out what the issues are. Can those that have an issue with this piece please contact me via PM to help in having this item returned? I do not wish to openly critisize this dealer if they honor their return policy. I will let everyone know how this transpires.
                    just show his this thread
                    and do a search for 'floch fake spange'
                    this is THE original fake spange, has been around forever
                    regards
                    jon

Comment

Yeah , very obviously fack spange .
                      kind Regards
                      Xiwan

Comment

Dealer update.

Hello. I sent the dealer I recieved this spange from the information presented by the forum members here, and the dealer insists it is genuine. He states the book by Gordon Williamson, whom he believes is a forum member here, The Iron Cross of 1939 page 110 clearly shows that Godet made a spange and did use the code "21". Also, he states that it is not a floch reproduction for he has sold some in the past. So, he does not believe anyone that discredits this piece to know what they are talking about. Does anyone know Gordon Williamson here? Maybe he could clear this up? Any help would be most appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarathustra View Post
                          Hello. I sent the dealer I recieved this spange from the information presented by the forum members here, and the dealer insists it is genuine. He states the book by Gordon Williamson, whom he believes is a forum member here, The Iron Cross of 1939 page 110 clearly shows that Godet made a spange and did use the code "21". Also, he states that it is not a floch reproduction for he has sold some in the past. So, he does not believe anyone that discredits this piece to know what they are talking about. Does anyone know Gordon Williamson here? Maybe he could clear this up? Any help would be most appreciated.

That is exactly the problem with those "warranties." That is why I avoid to work with dealers put that as a condition of return within a reasonable amount of time. There is no clarification on what would be an "expert's opinion." If I don't like it that should be the end of the debate. Of course, that does not mean I will want t return it a year from the time of sale, but five days to a week is something most would find a reasonable amount of time to make a final decision.

You can find Gordon at the gmci.co.uk forum. He is more active there. I am sure that if you send him a PM he will gladly assist you. I will check on his book though to see if I can assist you further. Did you pay with a credit card?
                          Last edited by Gdeutschland39; 05-02-2011, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Gordon's book is all wrong regarding spangen, as is EVERY reference book I've ever seen...
                            this is a true list of makers:
                            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=317451

the only book worth looking at is Dietrich's and George's:
                            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=450925
                            your dealer knows your spange is fake, he just wants your money
                            regards
                            jon

Comment

trawl through these:
                              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...archid=6469531

your spangen appears regularly
                              regards
                              jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X