X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knights cross lazy 2 with COA !

http://ww2germanmilitaria.com/galler...rosses_12l.jpg

http://ww2germanmilitaria.com/galler...?ref=D-DEC-C-3

CONCLUSION: The piece is a real one, made by C.E. Juncker.Everything is correct. The Knight`s Cross is definately a worn model

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h...MpCDswbyh6XXDA
    Last edited by frankandfrank; 04-20-2011, 03:08 PM.

Nimmergut COA = Fake Knights Cross - that's a rule

So far I have not seen an original Knights Cross with a Nimmergut COA. Has anyone else?

Comment

Its very interessting how many COA about knights cross from him are on the marktet ! I was wondering why he makes COA about fakes !
      This is criminell !!

Comment

Originally posted by frankandfrank View Post
        I was wondering why he makes COA about fakes !
        This is criminell !!
        Because he earns money with every COA.

I think only the desperate and criminal fake RK owners go to Nimmergut for a COA. Because all the reputable dealers (no fun intended) don't/can't do a COA for these fake RKs.

Comment

Originally posted by frankandfrank View Post
          Its very interessting how many COA about knights cross from him are on the marktet ! I was wondering why he makes COA about fakes !
          This is criminell !!
          I think that the real answer is that he "honestly" did not know what he was talking about. He had no idea (and still hasn't) what is real and what isn't. His "opus magnum" is full of mistakes (Volume IV Third Reich). The real shame is that he is celebrated in Germany left and right, is on the scientific board of the Orders-and Medals Society of Germany and even got a honorary price (von Hessenthal-Preis). This is the state of affairs in Germany where a "name" with a lobby counts 100 times more than the truth or real research. Before Nimmergut became THE EXPERT he was running a marketing business .... that's where he must have learned that the drum makes more money than the truth!

I still have to find a COA from him about a genuine Knights Cross. And I have seen quite a few. The same applies to the other "expert" in Germany, Mr. Geissler. Same thing, have not seen one COA from him for a genuine cross - all post war S&Ls!
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Isn't it obvious,...Nimmergut = in german means Nevergood,...

Comment

This silly COA no longer necessary when good, scientific books are out there to separate the good from the bad. A copy of Dietrich's The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross is all one needs to get the information necessary to be armed against the fakes. Once you know what is authentic, the fakes are just a minor annoyance.

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Maybe Dietrich aught to float him a free copy.
                pseudo-expert

Comment

At one time, wasn't Nimmergut the only "expert" certified by the German courts? (Dietrich, please correct if that is wrong.)

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                    Maybe Dietrich aught to float him a free copy.

A stellar idea!!!!!

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Nimmergut published a "Bibliographie zur Deutschen Phaleristic" in 2010. It lists on over 700 pages all references, books, articles, ... about all German orders and medals since the beginning of time.

Not mentioned are:

deBock, Durante and Maerz

Nimmergut has either published another sloppy researched work (the book is helpful in parts) or he doesn't like the new breed. He for sure does not like me! No ecuse not to include books published in 2007 in a work of 2010. None whatsoever!

But as a balance he likes himself even more which becomes clear when reading his always very "moderate" forword, full of self-praise, quotes from other dignitaries and ending with a Latin quote "certus amicus rebus incertibus" which means "a true friend shows himself in uncertain things". We all wished he had a true friend when wriiting his uncertain things about orders and medals. So the quote must be one of the rare late age pearls of wisdom. And his foreword is always framed by another praise by a Dr. or - even better - a Professor. Don't theses guys have no shame?

Am I upset not being listed? You bet! Not because I didn't gat the recognition of the only former expert under oath in Germany (what he said was true by definition: If he would have said in court that Juncker never made the Knights Cross - well, they didn't!) - I am upset because another sloppy, half-researched book by the "Name" has entered the mainstream and if someone wants to know about the Knights Cross or the German Cross he will be directed to - well - Geissler and Nimmergut! End of subject, buy that B-Type!

Why should he devaluate the majority of his COAs by pointing out that they are (just lke the ones form Geissler) wrong!

Since I have also mastered the Lating language once (), I would suggest a different quote for him to end his self-elevations: "pecunia non olet" (money doesn't stink).

Dietrich

PS: Can one tell that I don't like these self-breeding pseudo-academical "researchers" who need to self-elevate with latin quotes? Just like "look, how educated I am, I can quote Latin!" Learn how a real Knights Cross looks like, damn' it!
                      B&D PUBLISHING
                      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I detect no bitterness at all.
                        pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi Dietrich,

He must be realizing that he is becoming obsolete, and the first step in that process is denial! He will not quote our names as a way to try to ignore the wave of the future, but unfortunately for him it only serves to devalue his work even more by leaving you and other authors out of his books.

I think you would be surprised how many collectors today never heard of him or even know who he is. Many of the badges I see with his COA are laughable and he has really earned the reputation as "Nevergut" when you see a badge with his COA attached.

Classic example of someone resting on their laurels and failing to learn when new information is presented. One thing that you learn in this hobby, is that there is always more to learn and when you think you know it all, its time to get out!!

Tom
                          If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                          [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                          Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Exactly.
                            pseudo-expert

Comment

sells this crap once already ,not novelty

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X