Litte quiz :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Litte quiz :)

I bought on todays military bazar this very impressive, but ground dugged cross. Not so visible from photo, but I think it was minty, when owner fell on a battlefield. Properly marked and frame has still visible silver finish. Sad on todays bazar were only 3 originals crosses, including this one.
    RIP for soldier

Now about quiz, who first will recognize maker (and explin why he think that) will get kiss from me :-))

Have fun

Hmmmmm.........I'm going to say W&L.

Why you might ask.

I really don't want to win the free kiss.

Wayne

Comment

Tough one.

It's not W&L - no 'hump'.

I'm going to say K&Q - '65', simply because I can see a stamped 5 on the jump ring, and while '25' used a similar type of stamping, the beading looks more like a '65' than a '25' (fatter beading and more rounded inner corners) so, IMO it's probably a Klein and Quenzer.

Regards - Danny

P.S. I don't want the kiss either!

Comment

Wayne ... where is the frame 'hump' ?

I think there were only 2 original crosses at yesterdays bazar .
        The fat beading , wide bead step and rounded corners remind me of a fake .
        To me a give away are the ' holes ' on the core . Attempt to obscure the identety of the cross . Note the reverse >>> those are " acid burnt " holes !!! Besides the Nickle alloy frame is corroded away at the same rate as well ( = accelerated oxidisation ) . The steel core and Ni frame normaly corrode at very different rate .
        Email 'reward' befor noon... have to go out .

Douglas
        Attached Files

Comment

Danny :
          Ribbon ring would only be stamped ... not the jump ring . A 5 you see ??

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
            Danny :
            Ribbon ring would only be stamped ... not the jump ring . A 5 you see ??

Douglas
            Sorry, yes I meant to say the ribbon ring.
            Look here - the 5 is just visible at the left of the jump ring (it's upside down).

Regards - Danny
            Attached Files

Comment

Cross is really original, there were huge bubbles from a rust, so I carefully removed them. Not wise to say it is a fake..
              yes, that part of the number is a little hint
              Last edited by EK-collector; 03-26-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

To me a give away are the ' holes ' on the core . Attempt to obscure the identety of the cross . Note the reverse >>> those are " acid burnt " holes !!! Besides the Nickle alloy frame is corroded away at the same rate as well ( = accelerated oxidisation ) . The steel core and Ni frame normaly corrode at very different rate .

Douglas
                Douglas you have never saw personally any grund dugged cross, have not you ?

Comment

Second thoughts, '56' use the same style stamping also.

Comment

Douglas
                    Only reason I said W&L was not to win the prize.

Comment

Originally posted by bytown View Post
                      Only reason I said W&L was not to win the prize.
                      pfff

Comment

Yes - EK-collector . ... have seen a few and dug up many Ek 1, 2 by the buckets and amongst them only 1 KC - patisapated myself for a whole week digging for them . My school buddy - we 15 at the time- he kept the KC and I tried and tried to get it ... no luck .
                        Actualy an old bomb crater used as a 'collecting' spot in 45 to collect and burry discarded - turned in- weapons, medals , rifels , clothing etc . The rifel buts were all broken and the clothing all rotten .
                        The Ni-alloy frames were all quite good : cores - well not much left .

Douglas

Comment

:-*

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X