Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK_2 help

Hello all,

Just picked this one up to display with my medals in my collection and wanted to know the maker. She's got a great combat worn look and nice patina; just the way I like them!

William Kramer
    Attached Files
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Unfortunately that one is a fake.

Try to get a return -- and good luck.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hello again,

I know the suspension ring is different but a fake, by who? I am not doubting you but if you could turn this into a learning experience I would greatly appreciate it. Is there a "name" for this style of fake or can you post a link to an identical like it?

Thank you.

William Kramer
      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Sure, William. I appreciate your curiosity.

It's a postwar fake that is thought to have been made by Rudolf Souval. It often turns up called a "Schinkel-B" (even in some reference books) because of the shape of the frame. It is also found with Souval's wartime core, though yours has his postwar core as well. It's very cheaply made, and the core, interestingly enough, is usually two pieces of thin metal:

(Thanks, Daniel)

I can show you mine, which is not identical as it has the wartime core, but is otherwise the same:

These also come as EK1s:

Best regards,
        Streptile

Comment

I agree with Trevor.
          A common fake..

Here is my Schinkel B to compare..

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Comment

Good combat look, but absolutely fake from first look

Comment

Uh, excuse me for mentioning the obvious.........EKIIs were not worn in combat. Just the ribbon denoting the award.

Tony
              An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger 1 View Post
                Uh, excuse me for mentioning the obvious.........EKIIs were not worn in combat. Just the ribbon denoting the award.

Tony
                just in pocket in uniforms

Comment

Originally posted by EK-collector View Post
                  just in pocket in uniforms
                  Maybe on occasions but the foot weary landser would just as soon travel as light as possible when given a chance. True for just about any foot soldier in any army.

Tony

Comment

Sonny,

Excellent type B! A real beauty.

Tony

Comment

Maybe on occasions but the foot weary landser would just as soon travel as light as possible when given a chance. True for just about any foot soldier in any army.

Tony
                      Then you have no idea about habbits of soldiers at all. Like most of americans, (nothing offensive against you).

Was absolutely common, that soldier carried their awards, mostly EKs for luck.
                      Thousands are in ground still in these days, thousands are uncovered every year in czech republic, not only there

Comment

Originally posted by EK-collector View Post
                        Then you have no idea about habbits of soldiers at all. Like most of americans, (nothing offensive against you).
                        If you don't mean to be offensive, then don't say offensive things. A smiley doesn't take it back.
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                          If you don't mean to be offensive, then don't say offensive things. A smiley doesn't take it back.
                          it is hard for me read on this forum every month same opinion from americans Trevor. I do not like when someone say anything for sure, but in fact he does not know facts. That is very big problem not only in the USA.

PS: I thought smiley will take it back

Comment

Tony
                            I agree with Tony here.
                            Every (most) soldier would travel as light as possible.
                            And it makes no sence to carry your medals with you, and yes, I know that many are found in the ground, but still, 1000s out of millions isn't that much.

Some were indeed carried in a pocket, but I truely believe most were sent home as soon as possible.

/Flemming

Comment

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
                              I agree with Tony here.
                              Every (most) soldier would travel as light as possible.
                              And it makes no sence to carry your medals with you, and yes, I know that many are found in the ground, but still, 1000s out of millions isn't that much.

Some were indeed carried in a pocket, but I truely believe most were sent home as soon as possible.

/Flemming
                              To carry as few weight as possible, that is common, but 20 gramms of proud metal, that is different. Seems hard to discuss it. I was on many dig sites in various fronts and on the lot of escaping roads from East and South to Germany.. after that I can say, lot of soldier carried their awards, including thousands of others, not only EKs. One guy had 2 EKs in pocket what I saw

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X