Help,,, list of RK recipients....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help,,, list of RK recipients....

I thought I saw on here a list of the RK Recipients, I tried to do a search but did not find anything, is there a list or a web page showing the recipients??
    Thanks for any help..
    Van

????? anyone.. thanks.
    Van

Comment

http://www.ritterkreuztraeger-1939-45.de/

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I've always had a goal of getting a RK one day, that is cased, attributed etc etc. Since I probably can't get an extremely famous officer's though, I would love to get an exceptionally low ranking NCO's or something. Someone that was just a normal, slug through the mud and have to deal with the everyday crap, type of soldier. Someone who didn't earn it by pointing to spots on a map but had to improvise in some seriously bad situations, with bullets flying around.

Ryan

Comment

Thanks Dietrich, that is what I needed
          Van

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
            I got constant spam re-directs after about 5 seconds on that website. Here's another site as well (probably not as well-researched as Dietrich's site): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...oss_recipients

Comment

Be aware that the useful site from Dietrich http://www.ritterkreuztraeger-1939-45.de/ is not complete.

The luftwaffe listings do not include my RK recipient Major Wilhelm Sell 05/09/44.

Tony A.

Comment

Speaking of the Luftwaffe, holy cow! I don't know if Göring just had sooo much pull or if the pilots did an absolute unreal amount of flights and did insane amounts of damage and had crazy kills. At any rate though, it seems like Luft had a greater % of awards per men. Is this at all accurate? I can't speak or read German so if the site Dietrich provided (which works just fine for me) talks about that at all, I can't read any of the info they provide. I just look at names and pics

Anyhow, just seemed like the lists were Luft heavy, thought I would see if that seems to be the case or not.

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Tony A View Post
                  Be aware that the useful site from Dietrich http://www.ritterkreuztraeger-1939-45.de/ is not complete.

The luftwaffe listings do not include my RK recipient Major Wilhelm Sell 05/09/44.

Tony A.
                  The only complete reference is the book by Veit Scherzer "Ritterkreuztraeger". Everything else, be it Internet or Fellgiebel, is not 100% correct or incomplete or both.
                  B&D PUBLISHING
                  Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

The Luftwaffe received a large proportion of KC awards at 1785, however Army recipients numbered 4777, with Kriegsmarine at 318, Waffen SS at 438 and Foriegners at 43.

Luftwaffe aircrew worked without rotation unlike the Allied Air Forces and this is how they clocked up hundreds of operational flights in comparison, and also how their victory tallies were huge in comparison with the allied aces.

Tony A.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony A View Post
                      The Luftwaffe received a large proportion of KC awards at 1785, however Army recipients numbered 4777, with Kriegsmarine at 318, Waffen SS at 438 and Foriegners at 43.

Luftwaffe aircrew worked without rotation unlike the Allied Air Forces and this is how they clocked up hundreds of operational flights in comparison, and also how their victory tallies were huge in comparison with the allied aces.

Tony A.
                      And why so few survived unless they were pulled out for admin duties.
                      Greg

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X