Crosses picture from Signal, question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely photos!

I can't comment on the RK stuff, I have no clue. But I have always been interested in "Signal". I have never read it, don't have an issue or anything. But I own a book, published back in the 1960s. American version is "Hitler Moves East 1941-1942" if I recall the exact title. Book is authored by Paul Carell (as he is known here in the US) or Paul Karl Schmidt. He served under von Ribbontrop and was in charge of propaganda. He actually created "Signal". I was always under the impression these were more a "leaflet" or a small magazine for lack of a better word.

Very interesting to finally be able to see some of these. Looks like it is much better done and a much bigger scale than I had originally thought.

Many thanks for sharing guys!

Ryan

Comment

i am 100% sure that all of the shown knights crosses are made by Juncher.

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK. View Post
        i am 100% sure that all of the shown knights crosses are made by Juncher.

Yes, in pictures that started the thread there are Junckers, but I think in an other issue posted by George, awards from a different company,
        First class spangen is from S&L, finish on RK 'o' ring looks more like S&L, the Grand cross doesn't look like Juncker either, Juncker GCs 'o' ring goes deeper into the frame,
        I don't think that photographer from Signal got some awards from different companies to take pictures, most likely he went to one company and took a picture of the awards that he needed in that one company. If those were Juncker RKs, why Juncker had to borrow spangens for the picture from other company, Juncker has spangens even more beautiful.
        Attached Files

Comment

again both crosses from Juncker

Comment

I don't think that the EK 2 in my Signal pic is by Juncker because it doesn't appear to have the hump on the upper arm where the small ring is attached.
            Attached Files
            George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
              I don't think that the EK 2 in my Signal pic is by Juncker because it doesn't appear to have the hump on the upper arm where the small ring is attached.
              I agree -- definitely not a Juncker EK2. No lug, and the shape of the frame is wrong.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X