Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rk

Hi

I am a little confused regarding the use of the word Souval in conjunction with RK!

I here have a RK (with all included) bought as a repro together 2 other RK’s

Is real, is it post war or what is it? And what is the price of an object like this.

Best
    Dk Hunter
    Attached Files

Pic 1

Pic 1
    Attached Files

Comment

I cannot help much on this as RK's are not my area, however, as far as I am aware, Souval did not produce any wartime RK's. He only started producing them post-war for the souvenir/collector market.
      (Please correct me if I am wrong).

Regards - Danny

Comment

Originally posted by Danny70 View Post
        I cannot help much on this as RK's are not my area, however, as far as I am aware, Souval did not produce any wartime RK's. He only started producing them post-war for the souvenir/collector market.
        (Please correct me if I am wrong).

Regards - Danny
        Pretty much right Danny, but i would add, that some of the earlier postwar Souval RK's (with swastika) were bought and worn by veterans, though, as you quite rightly said, more probably went to the collector market!!
        -Nigel
        PS does it have the L/58 MM below the ring on the reverse???
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

If it was a Souval, wouldn't it have a "dipping" 3 then
          Might be the picture, but I can't see that feature here.

/Flemming

Comment

Not much to be confused about. Souval didn´t make any RKs during the war.
            Can´t understand why a fake should be worth more if it was an early Souval.
            IMO fakes are worthless no matter who made them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
              Not much to be confused about. Souval didn´t make any RKs during the war.
              Can´t understand why a fake should be worth more if it was an early Souval.
              IMO fakes are worthless no matter who made them.
              Hi Ludwig!!
              So if a Souval RK came in with a group of 57 awards from a vet with solid provenance, photographic eveidence of it being worn by the vet at re-unions etc. you would'nt place any more value on that, than say a modern fake from Latvia????
              -Nigel
              sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by knockoffnigel View Post
                Hi Ludwig!!
                So if a Souval RK came in with a group of 57 awards from a vet with solid provenance, photographic eveidence of it being worn by the vet at re-unions etc. you would'nt place any more value on that, than say a modern fake from Latvia????
                -Nigel
                No.

Comment

Some Souval crosses were made very sloppy..some are really nice. I would pay $300 for a Souval. The Latvian fakes are shaped funny.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X