RItterkreuz with preliminary award document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is part of a larger grouping from a panzer officer in the 24th panzer division.
    Attached Files

Ritterkreuz with preliminary award document

It is a late war K and Q with the four "dots" on the 12 oclock beading
    Attached Files

Comment

Back side with characteristic K and Q 800 on cross with 800 and 65 on ring.
      Attached Files

Comment

Breathtaking, one of my 'someday' items.

Comment

Hi,

Very nice.

Please show the rest of the group. I was down in Little Rock a few weeks ago.

Gary B
          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Ritterkreuz with preliminary document

These are the rest of his documents with earlier ones obtained before the 1st Reiter Division became the 24th Panzer in 1942. The upper right one is a POW release form that is kind of interesting. With this grouping was that of his brother, who was a DKiG holder, a physician and in the same division. This included the Soldbuch and Wehrpass which is very interesting as the 24th was destroyed at Stalingrad and both were in the lucky 2000 or so that survived.
            Attached Files

Comment

Great grouping. I really like the wound badge doc - of course, the RK doc doesn't suck either!

best
              Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

that is reall amazing set.. Wish I had a money to keep this kind of set

Comment

Thanks for showing.

Gary B
                  ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Amazing set, congrats!

Comment

Very nice. And the K&Q with the three flaws fits perfectly in the time line. Thanks for showing!

Dietrich
                      B&D PUBLISHING
                      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Ritterkreuz with preliminary document

Thanks, friends. I was excited to see a K and Q with the dot flaws with good documentation as it fits the 1945 timeframe nicely. By the way Dietrich, your book is outstanding, very well written and documented. I know that this has been said many times on this forum, but it is a "must have" book for the RK enthusiast.
                        John

Comment

Very good grouping, congrats.

What else is in the group?

Comment

Looks delicious!

Comment

rest of grouping

This isn't a great photo but this is the rest of the grouping from his brother. This is a little more interesting in that the soldbuch and wehrpass are present. He was also in the 24th Pz Reg with his brother where he was awarded the EKI, wound badge in silver and tank assault in silver (I thought this unusual for a doctor to be awared the tank assault in silver instead of bronze but it is documented in his wehrpass). These were at Stalingrad. He was then with the I. abteilung of Pz Reg 24 which was refitted in France with Panthers and joined the 116 Pz Div after the Normandy invasion. We was awarded the wound badge in gold and the DKiG (Otto Klein cross) during battles after the allied breakout in Normandy. HIs final rank was Stabarzt. Interesing history with two lucky brothers able to survive these major battles.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X