Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge Iron cross grouping WW1 + WW2 plus more! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge Iron cross grouping WW1 + WW2 plus more! Help!

Hey guys,

Recently bought a lot of items from the son of a Canadian Dragoons Vet. Some of the items are Italian but I noticed 2 EK2's and another medal, plus what I think is an Italian medical officers embroidered cap badge. There were some Canadian badges which I haven't included in the pictures. Any options?

Thanks!

All looks good to me!

Comment

Cool Hessian Bar! Nice find!
      Iam Uncle Sam
      That’s who Iam
      Been hiding out
      In a rock and roll band

Comment

Thanks guys, so its called a "Hessan Bar" ! Any idea what the two cloth eagles are from and what the fallschimjager award patch would be worth? I'm trading/selling most of these off to afford another helmet

Comment

can we see better pictures of the reverse side and obverse of the EK II 1939 ?

Comment

Neat combination with the IC second in a bar with a Hesse medal. I wonder if that is correct??

Comment

Here are close ups of the EK 2, I checked the ring and cannot find any numbers. The Hessen bar is properly "Court" mounted, I have only seen one other Hessen/EK2 combination and that came with a Hindenburg cross.

Comment

I believe you the Italian version of the mothers cross there;
                one silver ribbon per kid.

Comment

Great Hessian Bar . . . . I have one that has the IC first, , , , so does anyone know the correct mount????

Comment

Originally posted by djthorneloe View Post
                    Great Hessian Bar . . . . I have one that has the IC first, , , , so does anyone know the correct mount????
                    It's so-called "frackspange" for evening jacket. These can be recognized by reverse order and diagonal (not rectangular) mounting of medals. It's supposed to be worn diagonally under the lapel of frack or tuxedo, so the "highest" order is on top, which is right side. (sorry, I just can't find a picture, but there are plenty on forum...)

Comment

Ok that makes sense I have seen the odd picture of them in wear mostly people at the Opera.

I guess the orginal owner of the cross had this on made up so he could spend an evening at 'La Scala' while posted in Itally

Comment

Nice Hessian frackenspange.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X