No announcement yet.

Help with EKI Spange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two of these Spangen -- one with a broad pin and one with a needle pin. Unfortunately, I don't know who made them.
    George

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek
      Hello to all,

I picked up this 1914 EKI and 1939 Spange pair at a gun show in Cleveland about six years ago. Both the EK and Spange are well-made and of excellent quality. The EKI is maked in incuse-relief 'WS' for Wagner & Sohn. The Spange has no markings at all. Does anyone know what manufacturer produced this piece? I'm thinking from the quality of the piece, it is probably one of the more renown makers. Any help would be appreciated.
      Best regards! Tom Yanacek
      Hi Tom,
      is this cross also marked under the pin near the hinge, as i have just brought one which is marked win this position with a `L`
      Ashley

Comment

Originally posted by rhudspith
        Hi Tom,

So "WS" is Wagner & Sohn. I have a nice 1914 EK1 with this mark and always wondered who it was.

How did you find that out?

Regards
        Rob
        Hello Rob,
        I think I found it out on this here Forum a few years ago. It is also listed in Stephen Previtera's book The Iron Time, on page 445.
        Best regards! Tom Yanacek
        Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 04-24-2004, 09:22 PM.
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by atcase
          Hi Tom,
          is this cross also marked under the pin near the hinge, as i have just brought one which is marked win this position with a `L`
          Ashley
          Hello Ashley,
          Mine has an upper case letter 'D' on the backside of the pin, near the hinge. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Until now, I never realized that it was there. Best regards! Tom Yanacek
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hello to all,

Thanks for the many responses to this thread. Unfortunately it seems like we are all still in the dark as to the maker of these pieces. Maybe this mystery will never be solved, and we just have to content ourselves with the knowledge that whoever made these pieces, they are genuine. Does anyone want to go out on the limb and put forth an educated guess? Nothing proof positive, but just a hunch. Like if you were going to bet on the best odds, what maker would you bet on?
            Still confused! Tom Yanacek
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X