Ebay cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay cross

Is this completely ridiculous? Supposedly produced in the besieged city of Stalingrad....I'm sure fake German cross production was high on their list of "things to do".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...240338037&rd=1

Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Originally posted by hankmeister
    Is this completely ridiculous? Supposedly produced in the besieged city of Stalingrad....I'm sure fake German cross production was high on their list of "things to do".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...240338037&rd=1

Hank
    Hi Hank,

i read an article about this particular cross, that stated, that this crosses were really produced for propagande-issues. They never reached Germany, as far as i can tell now. I will try to find the article.

If its the real thing, it is a very rare piece.

best regards,
    Gerd

Comment

Some people believe these were made for propaganda purposes (around 500 or so produced), but many believe these to be fantasy pieces.
      I haven't seen proof of these being produced but maybe someone have?

I wouldn't pay 1200$ for something that is more than questionable piece.

Seller says:
      "we offer a life-time unconditional guarantee of authenticity on this item as "WW2 manufacture"
      How they are going to prove that? Or how is buyer able to prove otherwise if wanting to return the piece?

To me this is a piece of junk which almost anyone can produce.

L

Comment

Just noticed that this guy has given location : Boston, USA.
        Then on the description:
        "Shipping and Handling: $15 worldwide. Shipped direct from Europe, safe arrival guaranteed. "

Maybe he could add something here:
        ....Shipped direct from Europe as many pieces as you want......

Comment

I believe you can find the article in "The Iron Time" by Previtera.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by ddoering
            I believe you can find the article in "The Iron Time" by Previtera.
            Thanks Don, but i meant the article in the OMM Nr 54 (June 1993). Here are some pics:
            Attached Files

Comment

Another one from an EK 2:
              Attached Files

Comment

I cannot say, whats true or not, but the author states, there were 500 produced of this. If someone is interested, i can send the article.

best regards,
                Gerd

Comment

$1200??? Why not get one for a much more acceptable price of ...$35?
                  http://capral-new.narod.ru/fashizm/icrus/icrus.htm

Comment

Hi,

It's interesting that the example in question has a hinge and main pin suspiciously like some of the current repros coming out of Europe. I wonder which part of Europe this one is coming from - Latvia?

Regards
                    Mike K
                    Regards
                    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

GordonĀ“s book also have an example pictured.

Joao Alberto.

Comment

Ek1

Originally posted by Vadim K
                        $1200??? Why not get one for a much more acceptable price of ...$35?
                        http://capral-new.narod.ru/fashizm/icrus/icrus.htm
                        I have contacted these people in Russia and they have refered me back to their German outlet. The price has now gone up to USD55.
                        Has anyone dealt with these people? I would like one of these for my collection. A copy is better than nothing as it is more a talking piece I guess.
                        Here is the email I got:

Dear Sir !

Thanks for your interest to our production!

You can to order our production, submitted on a site the CAPRAL,
                        In our European office in Germany which serves clients all over the world.
                        You can to pay your order any convenient method:

- Bank translation (+ 9% banc cost)
                        - Payment under the check (+9% banc cost)
                        - Payment by cash (with registered letter)
                        - Western Union Bank

After receipt of payment we send to you your order from our bureau in Germany.
                        At presence of the goods in our warehouse in Germany we send during two days. In the othes cases we send the goods during 14 days after receipt of payment.

Costs of our products ,submitted on a site, are valid only for a home market of Russia !

The costs of products from our office in Germany will be another.
                        After reception of your order we shall send you full cost of your order in view of cost of shipping.

To your order:

1 EK1 Fur Raub und Mord - 55.00 USD

Shipping to USA (geristered) – 15,00 USD

TOTAL: 70,00 USD

Our mail address: Oleg Schowkun
                        Sertoriusring 27
                        55126 Mainz
                        Germany

Our e-mail: alex598@arcor.de
                        Oleg.schowkun@t-online.de

Best regards,

Oleg Schowkun

Comment

Hello Vadim, could you please post a link to their main website?

Couldn't seem to find it by just chopping parts off the end, thanks

Comment

I know, Dez, I had the same problem. I have no idea how to get to their homepage, I just had this link bookmarked from when this cross came up on some other forum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X