Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knights Cross on Ebay !!!!

Hello ,

I saw this on Ebay and the seller states it is a 1939 Knights Cross although to be fair he states it isn't original .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=13966

I clocked immedialtey that it was a 1957 iron cross 2nd class and decided to Email him and tell him :

Dear ajmanok,

Hello , This is not a Knights Cross it is an Iron Cross 2nd Class . Also you state it is a 1939 cross it is not . A 1939 cross has a swastika in the centre . This is a 1957 denazified iron cross 2nd class . Regards Grant

This is the Reply i got :

When I need information I'll get it from professionals like myself. What I
    don't need is people who haven't a clue, e.mailing me with their opinion
    that's far from being more than useless. Can I suggest you get out of your
    Anorak, go to the library and learn a bit more than what little knowledge
    you have just now about German Militaria

I just had to put it on here to share with you all .

Best Regards

Grant

Arrogant and rude people like that don’t get my business, I take it elsewhere, simple as that. I don’t care what they are selling for whatever price. <O</O

Comment

What an a-hole.

L

Comment

Let us see how he responds to the same info but different approach.

Sir,
        Good Morning. You state that your medal might be a repro, but I can tell you that it is not. It is a genuine re-issue of the Iron Cross second class made so that awards earned during WW2 could be worn on post war uniforms.
        Nice presentable piece.
        Thanks
        Paul

Comment

Someone should report the auction to Ebay, False Description , or maybe they have.
          Not only is he an a***hole, he's an ignorant a***hole

Les

Comment

I am still in shock over the response that he gave you. If he is indeed as knowledgable as he states, he is riding the grey line of committing fraud!

I really hate A$$holes too. I cannot wait to see his response to my email.

Regards
            Paul Reck

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L
              What an a-hole.

L
              Hi Grant,

Larry sort of summed things up nicely! Not only can the seller not tell a 2nd Class EK from an RK, he can't tell a 57 re-issure from a wartime award AND the case is an LDO repro!

Regards
              Mike K
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hello Guys ,

I replied :

Well if your such a proffesional why are you trying to sell a " 1939 Knights Cross " which is worth in the region of £3,000 - £4,000 for £75 and you have no bids on it ! i think that speaks for itself !

By the way the 1957 iron cross 2nd class goes for about £30 and the case it is with is not an original as the LDO organisation which is stamped on the box only existed from 1933 - 1945 and it shouldn't be stamped on a post war box .

Then i realised he did not say it was original

So i sent an apology :

i would like to apologise for my last Email , thinking you were selling it as an original , you do state on your description that it is not . But it is an original German award i.e. a 1957 West German 1957 iron cross 2nd class and not a reproduction 1939 knights cross . Also i was not critisising you i was just stating the bleedin obvious . I have been collecting German Medals and awards for long enough to know the difference between a WW2 German award and a 1957 West German award thanks !!!

He replied with this :

Sie haben es fast recht erhalten. Es ist ein Ritterkreuz 1957 Bundeswehr.
                Nicht eine 2. Kategorie. Die 57 Ritter Kreuz machen auf der
                Eisenkreuzkategorie 2 aber größeres. Das Band ging nicht mehr den Ansatz
                umher, aber wurde als normale Medaille über der konstanten Brusttasche
                getragen. Glauben sie ich weiß ich, über was ich spreche. Nach allen bin
                ich ein Deutscher.

You are nearly correct. This is a 1957 Bundeswehr Knights Cross. Not a Class
                2 Cross. The 1957 Knights Cross is styled on the Class 2 because the ribbon
                is no longer worn around the neck, The 57 Knights Cross is larger than the
                class 2. Believe me I know what I am talking about. After all I am a German
                born and bred.

And i replied :

This is an iron cross 2nd class , why do i know this ?

1 . the Knights cross has a large loop attached to the ring , yours does not
                2 . the Case is for an iron cross 2nd class , the knights cross is a larger cross than the 2nd class so why does yours fit in the case !!!!
                3 . a Knights cross case has a black base on the interior and the ribbon has it,s own compartment in the case at the bottom above the cross , not in 2 loops in the upper of the case as yours does for the ribbon

Here is a link to a man in Germany selling a 1957 iron cross 2nd class :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3287363925&category=28 721

You are incorrect regarding the 1957 knights cross no longer being worn around the neck , i have pictures of West German soldiers wearing their 1957 knights crosses .

You are correct in saying that the knights cross is larger , if it was a knights cross it would not if in the case as the case is for a iron cross 2nd class .

I think you would have more luck in selling this as what it really is ( an original 1957 iron cross 2nd class ) as there are a lot of collectors of post war german awards myself included .

Regards

Grant

Phhheewww he has not replied so i can assume off my Emails and PAuls he has realised what he has . I think this is the last time i,ll try and put someone straight i wasn't expecting so much flak

Best Regards

Grant

Comment

Grant - you've done your best mate...

Seller = TWAT!!!

leave it....

Comment

Quote: "Believe me I know what I am talking about. After all I am a German
                    born and bred."

I didn't know that Germans get knowledge about collecting historic stuff on their birth

Maybe this fellow should ask his mother who is his real father

L

Comment

Hello Biro ,

Yeah im going to leave well alone , i,ve poked the snake with a stick and i,m getting out of here .

Yes the I,m German line had me as well , i asked my wife and mother in law who are both German why they don't share the same passion for medals as i do !!!

I looked at the rest of his stuff and he seems ok , but i couldn't resist replying after his first snotty Email to me

Regards

Grant

Comment

ive just sent him a message

GUYS , i know this guy sounds a compleat pri** , but what if he has bought this off a bigger arse hole , and paid top money for it ?
                        straight away he has gone on the defensive , as we all would , i have just sent him a valuable lesson to be learned , he has obviously been taking advise from a very bad mentor indeed ,
                        or on the other hand he could just be a total rip off merchant , that being the case , he knows its not going to wash
                        I have been more than arrogant when people have told me i have fake goods , but we live and learn, and for guys like ourselves ,we should have all been there at one time or another ,

example , i like to think i have a good eye for our hobbie , only a couple of months ago i found out i had a flock ek1, gutted , but thankfully i never lost a penny , kept the flock for reference to help others , and sold the box for 10 pounds more than i bought it for (the box was original)

remember guys not everybody has access to this site , the stuff we learn on hear you cant get from any book that ive seen , but then again i aint a big book reader anyway

but as for our friend on e bay , very novice he is indeed , its a obvious 2nd class , and would not fool anybody (apart for him)

nice talking to you all

regards

jack union

Comment

This guy is NOT a German. What he tries to 'sell' as German is very bad in grammar, style, construction and wording. Some things don't make sense at all.. Most likely a product of an Internet translation programm. Thats why the translation comes out so nicely.

Dietrich
                          B&D PUBLISHING
                          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

What an idiot he must be
                            Anyway, he has shanged the description:

German Iron Cross in Presentation Case
                            A Beautiful Iron Cross supplied in a Black Leather Presentation Case with the Black Silver & Red Ribbon.
                            This medal is 100% Original.
                            The starting price reflects the quality of this medal, just to own one of these in your collection is a huge step up on it's own merit.
                            The Case is lined with white silk and maroon velvet.The ribbon is the correct colour and type. This was one of the highest awards for consistent heroism that Germany offered.
                            The Cross is Genuine Silver and is beautifully constructed. This is the 1939-57 version.

Cheers.
                            Peter Wiking

Comment

?

I don´t understand.

The seller doesn´t say it´s a KC.

He says Iron Cross 39–57.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X