EK1 Spange Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Spange Combo

Latest purchase, your opinions would be appreciated. Cross is marked CD800. I will post more detailed pictures when my camera is up and running.
    Thanks, Glenn.
    Attached Files

Any comments anyone? To my eyes the spange looks like a B.H.Mayer.

Comment

Hi Glenn,

I'm definitely not the expert on these combos, but I have been always quite skeptical on those combos were there is no hook or some kind of an attachment thing included on top of the spange.

If you try to wear it you'll see what I mean.

Can't really say for 100% sure if it's good or bad.

L

Comment

Glenn

Sorry - I can't help much either - it does look like a Meyer, but Larrys observation about the hook at the top of the spange is accurate....as you probably know, it's less about the originality of the individual components and more about WHEN they may have been coupled.

You need an authority, and I'm not one...but at the very least, this will push the thread back to the top for you.

Hope it works out, although I suspect you'll need to post a better pic of the join between spange and cross to get the right feedback..

Fingers crossed

Marshall

Comment

Larry, Marshall, thanks for the replies. I know with these things that I will never be able to say when the combo was assembled for sure without provenance. For me it's down to whether the pieces are original and the structure of the combo "feels" right. I suppose what one collector would not be happy with in their collection another will accept as a slight mystery. I will post better pictures of the join and the combo as a whole as soon as I can.
          Cheers, Glenn.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X