RK questions from a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK questions from a newbie

Hi all, I have just found wehrmacht-awards.com and I am relieved to have found a place for collectors totalk and get advice! I concentrate mostly on helmets but I am starting to get into the medals as well now. I would like to now what price ranges I am looking at if I want to aquire a Knights Cross and where I should look. The price is a problem that is secondary to finding a real example, I am far more concerned about locating one, then about paying for it. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Justin

RKs

I'll jump in on this one. As you say, the 'where' is a tougher question than the 'how much'. The e-stand here is probably the best place to find one, although it's not too often that RKs are posted for sale. You would do well to add a wanted thread in the appropriate section below. Detlev Niemann has RKs on occasion for sale, although they tend to sell extremely quickly. If you're looking for one in the states, Bill Shea has them from time to time (he's got one available currently). The main thing is to get the word out, and adding it to the 'Wanted' section would be a good start.
    Pricewise, it depends on many factors--maker, condition, whether or not it's got provenance to the winner, whether or not it's cased, etc. If you do a search of the Cross section, prices were discussed not too long ago. Just search by RK price.
    Good Luck!
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich
      I'll jump in on this one. As you say, the 'where' is a tougher question than the 'how much'. The e-stand here is probably the best place to find one, although it's not too often that RKs are posted for sale. You would do well to add a wanted thread in the appropriate section below. Detlev Niemann has RKs on occasion for sale, although they tend to sell extremely quickly. If you're looking for one in the states, Bill Shea has them from time to time (he's got one available currently). The main thing is to get the word out, and adding it to the 'Wanted' section would be a good start.
      Pricewise, it depends on many factors--maker, condition, whether or not it's got provenance to the winner, whether or not it's cased, etc. If you do a search of the Cross section, prices were discussed not too long ago. Just search by RK price.
      Good Luck!
      Erich

Thank you Erich. Judging by some of what I read after searching your suggested search, I think I would like to get ahold of a Junckers L/12, cased if possible. It does not need to have a history, I just want an unquestionable example that will increase in value. I will post in the wanted section. Its pretty overwhelming to be new to this. Many of the users whos posts I have read seem to have a knowledge that reaches to depths that I cant yet imagine. I hope I buy the right one! If anyone else has any suggestions as to what they would do in my position, I would really like to hear from them. Thank you.

Justin

Comment

Justin, stand in line as there is a fierce competition for nice crosses! Many sell to collector from collector and never see the 'open' market.

Erich ofcourse is correct and there are several outlets from which they are offered once and a while.....I note however, you list So. California in your profile so now it becomes "easy" to own a very nice Knight's Cross!!!

Contact Steve Wolfe ( Bixby Hills, Long Beach ) and for a premium $ a Knight's Cross can be yours. We all look for a bargain even at this level but if you don't mind spending some 'up-front' money the cost will soon catch up!

Good luck and welcome!!

Dave
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
          Justin, stand in line as there is a fierce competition for nice crosses! Many sell to collector from collector and never see the 'open' market.

Erich ofcourse is correct and there are several outlets from which they are offered once and a while.....I note however, you list So. California in your profile so now it becomes "easy" to own a very nice Knight's Cross!!!

Contact Steve Wolfe ( Bixby Hills, Long Beach ) and for a premium $ a Knight's Cross can be yours. We all look for a bargain even at this level but if you don't mind spending some 'up-front' money the cost will soon catch up!

Good luck and welcome!!

Dave
          Thank you Dave. Any suggestions on how to contact Steve Wolfe?

Comment

Justin

Glad to see you made it here. Good luck with your hunt

Richard
            Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
            Decorations of Germany

Comment

Steve

You can call him at (562) 596-6610. He is a dealer of very high grade items, and he generally has a number of RKs for sale as well as almost anything you can dream of! I've been dealing with Steve for over 20 years and he is a good guy to make contact with.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Justin, I'll send you a PM!

Dave
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
                  Justin, I'll send you a PM!

Dave

You guys are such a big help! Thanks so much!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X