Hoard meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jambobbyb View Post
    I believe the "Brum" horde relates to an old shop find of cased FO EK1s in Birmingham i cant remember who was involved in the find.
    I think it's half a joke -- it was five or six minty, cased and cartoned crosses bought by evilmike (from this forum) from a seller in Brum after they were yanked off eBay. Is that right Mike?

Allan, that stack is very nice to look at. Seems like you store yours similarly to me (if those two buff boxes in the background are where these all go at night).

Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post

Allan, that stack is very nice to look at. Seems like you store yours similarly to me (if those two buff boxes in the background are where these all go at night).

Yes, your right, bought them from W H SMITH's, they sell bigger black storage box's too.

Allan
      Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
      Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Originally posted by Allan Pilch View Post
        I think the EK's are referred to as the Birmingham hoard as they were bought of ebay and the seller lived in Birmingham.

We can all have a hoard, this is some of the Liverpool hoard.

Allan
        omg this is sick!!
        well I guess you can never have enough EKs

Comment

I can smell another sales thread coming titled "RARE EK'S FOR SALE".

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment

Brum = small town in SE Russia ....

Comment

There are 10 in total, they were found in the factory sealed shipping carton/box ( each factory carton contained inside 10 cased cartoned crosses)

They were found in a old antique shop that was being demolished, i believe stored in a cupboard left abandoned probably for many years

They found their way to a chap who sold medals also in Birmingham who sold 6 locally and dumped last 4 on ebay of all places on buy it now, i was in the right place at the right time, i actually ended up with 5 of the 10 and i know who has number 6 also on forum. Michaels being one of mine originally but was sold on by someone else so 4 are unaccounted for but no doubt in the UK somewhere in collections

When i first posted the photos i had 130 messages in 1 hour.... i was very popular that day

So there you go the 'Brum Hoard'
              Attached Files

Comment

And the case and carton of the Brum Hoard is in Dietrichs and Georges EK1 book of course

Comment

You invested well Mike

Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X