Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round 3 in case-1100 Euro ?

Is this not a bit over the top ?
    I just had a look at a wellknown dealer and his Iron Crosses.
    I found this:
    Iron Cross 1. class from 1939, variant with round "3"in case of issue, Wilhelm Deumer K.G. Lüdenscheid.
    EUR 1,100.00

I know the rounders are rather rare, but still...

What is your opinion ?

Cheers.
    Peter Wiking

perhaps a typo ?!?!?!

Comment

Having just bought one from Michel on the e-stand, (although it's STILL not here Michel ) I agree the prices are disproportionate - but that's what I was willing to pay for one...each to their own...

Detlev and Baldes have both sold Round 3 EK's recently for around 1000 Euro... so if you want 'the going rate', I guess that's pretty reflective of what you'll pay from a dealer...

Regards

Marshall

Comment

Peter

I also think thats' excessive. I guess if someone wants one bad enough
        and has the extra money they'll pay it.

With prices of EKs' seemingly rising each week, who knows what they'll
        be buy the end of this year.

BR
        Ken

Comment

I think its bad, and a great shame. The collector comunity as a whole will loose on it. Ordinary down to earth people will soon not be able to buy anything but the Westwall medal.

Cheers.
          Peter Wiking

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking
            I think its bad, and a great shame. The collector comunity as a whole will loose on it. Ordinary down to earth people will soon not be able to buy anything but the Westwall medal.

Cheers.
            Peter Wiking
            Buy High sell Low??

The world don't work like that Peter......and my wallet can testify to that..

Marshall

Comment

But what are we doing with our hobby ?
              Is it pure investment we look for, or is it the joy of owning a few parts of the history ?
              What is most important in your heart ? To make most money out of your Knight Cross, or feel the thrill of owning this fine award ?

Cheers.
              Peter Wiking

Comment

But what are we doing with our hobby ?
                Is it pure investment we look for, or is it the joy of owning a few parts of the history ?
                What is most important in your heart ? To make most money out of your Knight Cross, or feel the thrill of owning this fine award ?

Cheers.
                Peter Wiking
                Hi Peter

For me, 100% of the Joy of collecting these is in owning a piece of history. No debate.

I've said nothing about 'making money' on anything I own, just that in order to get, let's say, a Knights Cross and a Round 3 EK1 so that I may appreciate the rareity and historic significance of what I have in my hands, then I must first have it in my hands - and unfortunately, that is the money I have to spend in order to get it.

Unfortunate, but a fact of life just like the increase in house prices, no??

Regards

Marshall

Comment

Hi Peter

I think the price is good and in an acceptable range.

Cheers
                  BP

Is this not a bit over the top ?
                  I just had a look at a wellknown dealer and his Iron Crosses.
                  I found this:
                  Iron Cross 1. class from 1939, variant with round "3"in case of issue, Wilhelm Deumer K.G. Lüdenscheid.
                  EUR 1,100.00

I know the rounders are rather rare, but still...

What is your opinion ?

Cheers.
                  Peter Wiking

Comment

Hi,

I think really these prices are over .
                    Always were more expensive then the normal ones but to be nearly 4 time more expensive then normal is too much ! and are not so rare !

In any III Reich 's decorations a rare type of the decoration is 4 time more. I thought for example a DKiG more rare and cost euro 8.000,- !! or a IAB that cost euro 600 !!

Sure who has spent these money will found not easy ways to resell it. okay, okay , you don't want to resell it...............

but till sellers will found people that pay what they ask.......................

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Alas money has ruined a good many collecting hobbies

David.
                      At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

The case is not original to the piece if it is marked Deumer...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Boonzaier
                          The case is not original to the piece if it is marked Deumer...
                          Its a Deumer. marked at the lower left corner, inside the lid.
                          The cross its self is standard quality with tarnished frame.

Here is the link by the way:
                          http://www.militaria-baldes.de/php/u...e73aaa313237ec

I have nothing against this dealer in any way, just wanted to focus a bit on high pricetags in general terms.

Cheers.
                          Peter Wiking

Comment

Simple economics, price reflects demand.

Comment

In that case, I demand things to be cheaper!

Brett

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X