is this a wide frame EK2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this a wide frame EK2?

i recently bought a wide frame mm 24 EK2 from E-stand and when i compared it to my unmarked 60 the frames looked the same would this also be considered a wide frame EK2? and what about the corners of the beading..do they look round to anyone?..

Thanks for your help...

obverse unmarked 60

reverse unmarked 60..BTW the core is loose on this one and my MM24 also...

Comment

If the "60" is unmarked, why do you think it is a "60"?
      George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
        If the "60" is unmarked, why do you think it is a "60"?
        Because it came in the original Katz and Deyhle packet ..which i still have...I got the medal from the sister of the vet that earned it...who is a long time friend of my grandmother in Germany....aren't the crosses usually packed by the maker also?

Comment

the packet... this medal was given to Hans Jochen Wasmund....
          Attached Files

Comment

maker mark

Comment

Oh, okay. Well I wouldn't necessarily assume that every EK made it into the right packet for its manufacturer. The die characteristics on your "60" don't match those of mine. On the other hand, the mark on mine is so faint and so hard to read (it's tucked tightly into a court-mounted piece) that it could be something else....
              In any case, I have two "24s". One has a loose core, the other doesn't. The core on my "60" (or whatever it is) is also loose. And I would not characterize its frame as "wide."
              Does that help? Or further confuse?
              George

Comment

also have the ribbon packet....front

Comment

maker...back flap

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
                    Oh, okay. Well I wouldn't necessarily assume that every EK made it into the right packet for its manufacturer. The die characteristics on your "60" don't match those of mine. On the other hand, the mark on mine is so faint and so hard to read (it's tucked tightly into a court-mounted piece) that it could be something else....
                    In any case, I have two "24s". One has a loose core, the other doesn't. The core on my "60" (or whatever it is) is also loose. And I would not characterize its frame as "wide."
                    Does that help? Or further confuse?
                    please look at my avatar...does that look confused enough for you?? .. ...why would an EK2 from one maker end up in anothers packet? where the packets printed elsewhere and shipped to the makers or did the makers of the EKs also print there own packets in house?..anyway if you have a pic of your 60 available would you please post it for all to see....thanks again...

Comment

Here it is. Like I said, it could well be something other than a "60." (There's no way I can get a pic of the mark.)
                      Attached Files
                      George

Comment

Reverse.
                        Attached Files
                        George

Comment

I was looking through old threads this a.m., and found this discussion about ek2's w/mm 60. I have never seen one, and noticed something about yours. It is an exact match for my ek2 mm 40, from the generous amount of solder used on the attachment ring to the distinctive "3" on the reverse date. Has anyone ever seen a mm60? Charlie.

Comment

Here is my 60 marked cross.

Cheers.
                            Peter
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Peter Wiking; 03-07-2006, 06:20 AM. Reason: Replaced the photo

Comment

Reverse
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Peter Wiking; 03-07-2006, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X