My New Ek1 Rare Black Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Ek1 Rare Black Base

Hello friends , this is my new Number 6 , with black base box , i like these cases a lot , you dont see so many now , anybody else got some post them up for us to have a look at , anybody got any idea WHY the black base ? ss issue perhaps? your thought would be good

Comment

Comment

4 last one

Comment

Just a rare variation...no SS connection.
          Here's one I picked up from Detlev.
          Roy
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is my black base box with L/11 EK 1
            Attached Files

Comment

My opinion for what it's worth on these is they are purely and simply a variation NOT by design but using exsisting stocks of KVK and Ostvolk bases (or indeed the velour/flocking material).

The KVK, EK and Ostvolk awards used the same base's, more noticeable in the KB made boxes for they use a nice simple code system.

The box 'base' code is 621 for all three of these awards, Wound badges etc had another number.

I would have thought the demand for EK's was far greater than that of KVK's & Ostvolk awards, thus surplus black bases available at some time or another, and so as not to waste materials they were used. It's along these lines that I consider the reason for this variation and nothing more complex or involved than that.

Sometimes you get a white based KVK box, the base colour was intended for the EK but it made it's way into a KVK box instead........how and why ? You could think of a hundred reasons I'm sure, but I'm not convinced it was by a purpose design at all, just another 'make use' of existing stocks variation.

Why are most of all the screw back box bases black......I've no idea at all on that one ?

Just my own theory and thoughts. The boxes are less frequently encountered (rare if you wish) but I wouldn't pay any more for it, or deem them as anything special in reality. There are much more 'rare' EK boxes out there, the green one, the old style LDO motif on the exterior of the lid and designations of the cross on the lid types', plus maker marked boxes.

If any one else has any theories or ideas on these, I'd be very interested to hear them.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Vary Nice Guys

VERY NICE ROY AND VERY NICE SECTOR, sector , if you ever want to sell that L11 , send me a pm , no problem , i have a few 11s but i like that one a lot , black base to WOW.

cheers guys

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X