German Cross in Gold. Real or fake?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross in Gold. Real or fake?.

I have been offered to buy this German Cross in gold with Ulrich Kleemann's name engraved on the back. I can't find his name attached to this award, so I'm pretty sure that was done post war, but just wanted to know if the cross was original anyway?. Hoping a photo will follow, but if not please contact me and I'll send one to you. Apreciate any help.
    Regards Bruce.

G'day Bruce

Welcome to the forums, you can send your pics to me at ironcross@tasmail.com and i can post them for you..

Regards
    Dez

Comment

Here are the pictures from Bruce:

This piece is definitely a reproduction, over the last 12 months these have been flooding the market from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><ST1Latvia</ST1</st1:country-region> I believe. Before taking the plunge into such an expensive piece you really need to do your homework, there are very dangerous fakes of the DK in circulation, fortunately this is one of the more easy to spot. Bruce you should definitely have a read of the German Cross article on the main Wehrmacht Awards page, do a search on the forum for German Cross and study the pictures and information on hand very closely.

Regards
      Dez<O</O

Comment

German Cross

Des
        Thanks very much, I'm new to these medals and am learning. Has there been any fake Knights Crosses coming out of Latvia as well?.
        Regards Bruce
        Originally posted by Dez H
        Here are the pictures from Bruce:

This piece is definitely a reproduction, over the last 12 months these have been flooding the market from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><ST1Latvia</ST1</st1:country-region> I believe. Before taking the plunge into such an expensive piece you really need to do your homework, there are very dangerous fakes of the DK in circulation, fortunately this is one of the more easy to spot. Bruce you should definitely have a read of the German Cross article on the main Wehrmacht Awards page, do a search on the forum for German Cross and study the pictures and information on hand very closely.

Regards
        Dez<O</O

Comment

Yes Knight’s Crosses are coming out of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><ST1Latvia</ST1 </st1:country-region>and eastern Europe, do a search on the forum for <st1:country-region><ST1Latvia </ST1</st1:country-region>and you will turn up many previous posts where these pieces have been discussed. Search function is invaluable for digging up a literal goldmine of information. <O</O

Comment

These people (fakers) are so stupid! The date says 11.05.41 which in Germany is 11th of May 1941. The German Cross was instituted on 28th of September 1941, so this guy got the cross 4 month before it's institution?

Dietrich
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

hah!!

good eyes there Dietrich, didn't even pick up on the bogus date

Comment

Good Call Dez! Even with my limited knowledge on these thanks to this forum I too picked up that this was a fake! In the past month I have seen in the neighbourhood of 3-4 of these show up on this site for approval... ...none passed!

Looks like they are flooding the marketplace.

Thanks to Dez and Deitrich for thier Keen Eyes

-Shane

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X