As Requested Schinkels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Requested Schinkels

As requested in another post here is my collection of Schinkels. I had to wait on the arrival of one before photographing. Merry Christimas and a Happy New Year to my collecting colleages. Jim
    Attached Files

Very nice!
    And merry christmas to you!
    Regards, Alex

Comment

Great collection Jim
      Merry Christmas!!
      Greg

Comment

Great collection Jim. Very very nice.

Comment

Very nice indeed
          I have just question about Halb EK II schinkel, what is the difference ? seems same.

Comment

Originally posted by EK-collector View Post
            I have just question about Halb EK II schinkel, what is the difference ? seems same.
            The frame is from a WW1 EK2 and the core from WW2.

Comment

That's great, Jim! And I can't wait to get a closer look!
              Merry Christmas to you!
              George

Comment

Originally posted by Snni View Post
                The frame is from a WW1 EK2 and the core from WW2.
                That is the definition of any Schinkel.

In theory, a "Halbschinkel" is a design half-way between a Schinkel and a standard EK. I don't believe that a "Halbschinkel" really exists -- it's just that some crosses were called Halbschinkels at some point in the past, and the name stuck.

In my personal opinion, the two crosses (that I know of) that were previously known as "Halbschinkels" are in fact genuine, full Schinkels. They just retain the nickname. Once makers are identified for them, they will probably no longer be called Halbs.
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                  That is the definition of any Schinkel.

In theory, a "Halbschinkel" is a design half-way between a Schinkel and a standard EK. I don't believe that a "Halbschinkel" really exists -- it's just that some crosses were called Halbschinkels at some point in the past, and the name stuck.

In my personal opinion, the two crosses (that I know of) that were previously known as "Halbschinkels" are in fact genuine, full Schinkels. They just retain the nickname. Once makers are identified for them, they will probably no longer be called Halbs.
                  Yep, I think you are right.

Comment

I agree that Trevor describes it pretty well.
                    The one-piece schinkels are an exception though, because the had to cut a new die for those.

I tried to generate some discussion on this "half-schinkel" , based on the reverse hardware and the style of the date, but didn't get much out of it....
                    Attached Files

Comment

A fantastic collection Jim

Nick

Comment

Fantastic collection

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                          The one-piece schinkels are an exception though, because the had to cut a new die for those.
                          Very true.

Which one-pieces are you referring to? The Otto Schickle? Or is there another type I can't think of?

I tried to generate some discussion on this "half-schinkel" , based on the reverse hardware and the style of the date, but didn't get much out of it....
                          Yes, I remember. I also have an idea about that type, and I think a further discussion would be very helpful.
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hi Trevor,

yes, I mean the Schickle schinkels.
                            I am not aware of any other one piece schinkels at this time.

Yes, a discussion would be helpful indeed, maybe this time.....
                            Last edited by ben bijker; 12-25-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X