HC

Comment

back

back
      Attached Files
      HC

Comment

knob

Notice the small knob of metal between the right and lower arm. Not sure what to make of that.
        HC

Comment

Harry

I think this one is Ok. The style of the frame and the low "3" in the
          date says Souval. Don't know what to tell you on that bloob of metal.
          Could be just a flaw in the dies. Paint of the center could raise a
          question though. Does it have a low swastika?

BR
          Ken

Comment

Paint

not sure what you mean about the paint. The swaz is low I guess, lower than the corners of the frame.
            HC

Comment

hcliffe.
              The cross looks ok to me, but could you scann the cross instead of photos ?

Cheers.
              Peter Wiking<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_404942", true); </SCRIPT>

Comment

Hi hcliffe,
                in hand doses it look as if the core has been re-painted / coloured ??
                Ashley

Comment

Paint

Thanks for the help so far guys. No, it does not look like it has been repainted. No paint on the frame, lots of good dust buildup along the edges, and the color is consistent throughout.
                  HC

Comment

Hello!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

I have no problems with that cross, I have hade at least 2 of them.<o></o>

Notice the specific ribbing of the silver frame on the outer part of the arms.<o></o>

This is what I know unique for this manufacturer, sadly I don’t know who it is!<o></o>

Cheers<o></o>

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1lace>Lombard</st1lace> <o></o>

Comment

Hi Lombard,

As Ken has already stated above, this style of cross has been typed to Souval. Search for an image of a Souval L58 Screwback EK1 and you will find that the iron core and distinctive beading are the same. THe interesting thing is that some genuine L15 crosses also appear to share the saem distinctive beading (different cores though).

Harry, I have no problems with the authenticity of the cross. It should have a steel pin, correct? The paint on the swas looks nice the way it has been chipped worn. I can see why some concerns about the paint were raised though - on the inner points of the beading, adjacent to the swas, there appears to be blackening which loks like paint. As for the blob on the reverse - the colour looks much different to the colour of the reverse of the cross. I'd suggest it's maybe a spot of solder. Why it's there, I don't know. Any signs of repair to the arms of the cross? Pick it off if you think it detracts!

Regards
                      Mike K
                      Regards
                      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

-

To me it looks perfectly OK. Not the most desirable, bur original.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X