No announcement yet.

Double marked EKi...odd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 8 on the underside of the pin isn't two touching circles as such - it's a small circle (top one) with a marginally larger one punched on top of it to create the 8.

doug thanks for the comments. i hadn't paid much attention to the struck dot - on the reverse of my 15 orth, it is definitely a struck dot, the same as the one on the other cross you show - but smaller.

so my orth eki now has two unaccounted for markings on it...!

duncan

Comment

Originally posted by kareldeeley View Post
      Real or Fake?
      Karel, Yours is a good Orth! Notice the very small dimple on the obverse 12 O Clock arm frame step, this is found on all Orth EKI's and was possibly used to align jump ring on EKII's.
      As for my cross there are no further marks like the 8 or dimple on reverse that Doug points out...
      Kevin

Comment

Interesting, Kev, my orth has that dimple but on the 6 o'clock arm

Duncan

Comment

Duncan : my guess is the same on the dimple ... to align the jump ring . At times during assembly the core and frame are not put together correctly --- resulting in the dimple here to end up in the incorrect spot . The Souval frame is another example with the bead flaw being found in different positions .
          Just as I thought ... the 'dot mark ' most times is not noticed . It is not always there on the back but found on the pin as well . Deep struck dots are easy to see . The shallow struck dots are the hardest to ditect , and if the surface has any uneven or blotchy discoloration or patina on it - imposible ! The 3 dot version seams to have been used more than the 1 dot .

Douglas

Comment

Douglas is correct Duncan, I have a Juncker EKI with the frame rotated 90 degrees with the well known beading flaws rotated left... I have had people glance quickly at it stating its not a Juncker cross! then the quizical look on the face and realization the frame is rotated lol.
            I have seen many Orths rotated 180 as yours is (I think Robert P had one) however can't remember seeing any rotated 90 degrees? I bet they are out there though!
            Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X