Black GERMAN X,cloth P2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black GERMAN X,cloth P2

Hi everybody Im trying again with this one as I could,nt post attachments first time around.The background is black on this one and it was brought from a local add in our newspaper by me from a vets son in a box of german badges etc that where 100%.Please bare with me If I cant load photos again I need some help if anybody is willing. .Regards Joey The same thing has happened again I am posting attachments and none are appearing ,is there something magical you have to do apart from paying your subscription.can somebody help
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Joey Charles; 04-03-2004, 04:41 AM. Reason: problem with attachments

Loading Photos

Load up the attachments via the 'Manage Attachments' window.

When you have them all loaded, click on the first. This will open a new window with your photo.

Go to the address line at the top and CTRL C it.

Return to your message window and click on the 4th icon from the left of the tool bar line just above. This icon is mainly yellow in colour and looks like it has a mountain in it.

Another window will open. On the address line do a CTRL V and the photo will appear. Do this for all your photos.

This method allows you to load more than one photo per posting.

Do not delete any photos from the 'Manage Attachments' window as they relate directly to your inserted piccy's.

This is the method I use as it prevents filling up the thread with multiple postings.

PM me if you still have problems.

Regards ...

Originally posted by Joey Charles
    Hi everybody Im trying again with this one as I could,nt post attachments first time around.The background is black on this one and it was brought from a local add in our newspaper by me from a vets son in a box of german badges etc that where 100%.Please bare with me If I cant load photos again I need some help if anybody is willing. .Regards Joey The same thing has happened again I am posting attachments and none are appearing ,is there something magical you have to do apart from paying your subscription.can somebody help

Comment

Well, let me say that I have never seen one like it before. I do like the wreath and the starburst, though.

Can you post a close-up of the swas and black field? Also a photo of the reverse would be nice.

No other opinions on this one?
      -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

It is very odd! But as Chall said already, the wreath looks good, the swastika also and the starburst. There is some ther discoloration to black, could this have to do with it?

Dietrich
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

It was dipped in black dye?
          George

Comment

back of cross

Hi everybody Here,s a photo of the reverse,I dont think it was dipped in dye.Regards Joey
            Originally posted by Joey Charles
            Attached Files

Comment

Close up of wreath

Hi everybody Close up of the wreath,I think this one was done wartime for what reasons I dont know.Regards Joey.
              Originally posted by chall
              Well, let me say that I have never seen one like it before. I do like the wreath and the starburst, though.

Can you post a close-up of the swas and black field? Also a photo of the reverse would be nice.

No other opinions on this one?
              Attached Files

Comment

German cross in Gold

Hello,

It is for certain a original piece => IMHO the normal white or cremecoloured cloth piece is cut away from arround the swastika, etc....

You can still see traces around where the swastika is stiched.

Cordial greetings,
                my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Originally posted by Stijn David
                  Hello,

It is for certain a original piece => IMHO the normal white or cremecoloured cloth piece is cut away from arround the swastika, etc....

Cordial greetings,
                  Hello Stijn,

Yes, I see the traces of white - especially at the 6:00 position just to the inside of the red thread. I assume the trace are easy to spot during a 'hands on' examination.

Calvin
                  -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

When I first read this thread, that was my first opinion and it is still my best gues that the creme cloth has been trimmed away.

Possible this fellow did some covert ops??? Wanted the award on him but barely noticable??

Very curious!

-Shane

Hello,

Cordial greetings,

Comment

Hi David Nothing has been cut from this cross its as is.I think done in wartime or a kid filling it in just at wars end as the stuff I got with this is 100% and the bloke that sold me the stuff had no knowledge of german insignia whatever,so I cant see him doing it.Best Regards Joey
                      Hello,

Cordial greetings,

Comment

kids

"I think done in wartime or a kid filling it in just at wars end"

That's an interesting theory and one that we should all consider whenever an oddball variation shows up. Over sixty years have passed since a lot of these awards first came out. That's a lot of time for them to have been "played with."
                        George

Comment

Could be an attempt at de-nazification by the owner. Inking out the swaz- just like a wehrpass/soldbuch.
                          Just a thought.
                          Don
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

Felt tip pen?

Comment

I don't think it was a felt tip pen. Here's why, the background cloth material appears to be black and some of the stitching on the starburst has been wron away revealing the backstitching. Not to mention these 2 backing materials match. I am not saying that the current owner has cut this material away!!! but it appears to have been cut away at some point. The black appears to have an almost felt like look and as far as I can remember the normal white roundell was not felt, rather some form of smoother material.

Originally posted by Wood
                              Felt tip pen?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X