Ek2 what do you think!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek2 what do you think!

Hi guys,I just picked this up and thought you could give me your thoughts on it. I have never seen one like it before. Has any one seen one like it ??
    David R.
    Last edited by David R.; 04-01-2004, 08:13 PM. Reason: dam photos will not load!

Is this your April Fools contribution?

Comment

The back

Comment

No It's a vet buy.

Comment

rightttttttttttttttt

Comment

I'm no expert on EKII's but this one looks upside down.

Aren't they usually the other way round?

Regards ...

Comment

You guys from Australia and New Zealand should know this!
              It's rarest of rare EK2. Awarded only to people living in southern hemisphere.

or maybe not.....

L

Comment

Hi,

This looks like the special EK2 awarded exclusively to German nurses. The ribbon is incorrect though. The cross should be suspended on a 2" long chain with a "T" attachment for fitting to their uniforms. German military nurses were authorised to wear their crosses upside down, just like the regulation upside-down watches pinned onto their uniform on the left breast pocket. Regulations stated that the EK2 was to be worn higher than the watch though, as the upside-down watch was only a nursing qualification award, not a combat/bravery decoration.

Regards
                Mike K
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

No april fool joke! This was in a shoe box of items a friend and myself got from a vet. It goes to show the Germans did screw up some times. Maybe too much fun at the beer hall the night before?

Comment

David,

From your first image, it strongly appears that the top edge of the frames have separated, at least where the ribbon ring loop attaches to the upper arm. You have the cross in hand, so you'll need to examine the edges carefully for signs that the cross has been apart and then stuck back together. ANY misalignment of the hand filing on the edges of the cross would be further indication that the frames have indeed been apart at some stage, as would signs of lead solder or glue.

Regards
                    Mike K
                    Regards
                    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I have looked and there is no signs of being played with the frame is flush and the fitting marks line up.I will post photos to night ( at work now).

Comment

Here are photos of the frame
                        Attached Files

Comment

one more

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X