ek 1 L/52 good or bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ek 1 L/52 good or bad

i have a ek1 which is maker marked L/52 in a box but it is stamped onto the centre of the rear of the cross i understand that these should be marked either on the pin or just under the clasp. the pin/clasp asembly look to be typical zimmerman but i have not seen another on this site .unfortunatly i am unable to take pics at the moment but would be interested in your thoughts
    regards gaz

Without pics (especially of the obverse) it would be practically impossible for me to have a thought.
    Last edited by George Stimson; 04-01-2004, 08:19 PM.
    George

Comment

sorry i know its an impossible task to assess somthing without a picture i suppose what i meant was is this a known copy with the mark in that position i will do my best to take pics
      regards gaz

Comment

I don't know of such a copy (which doesn't mean there isn't one).
        George

Comment

Hi Guys !

Here is pics of one , that I have got from an Collector here in Norway . But I dont have any good pics of front . This one is maker marked L/52 under catch in a box .
          I beleive that this EK 1 is a new good fake , but I`m not sure . Just my opinion .

Jan Arne
          Attached Files

Comment

could i please e mail pics to someone to attach in this thread i cant seem to get them down to the correct size
            regards gaz

Comment

eric has kindly offered to post my pics for me so they should follow shortly as you can see there is damage to the 9 o clock arm of the cross it was like this when i got it back in 1997 . hope the pics are ok as you can see i am no photographer

regards gaz

Comment

Hi Jan Arne,

Your L/52 is definately not a fake. Even with just a reverse pic it is easy to pic a genuine L/52 by the lines in the hinge and position of the maker mark, type of c-clasp, etc.
                Gaz,
                If your L/52 has these fine horizontal lines on the hinge and matches the reverse of the one pictured above, then there is a good chance that it is correct.

Cheers,
                Brett

Comment

Gaz, Here are the pictures!
                  Attached Files
                  I once flew in a B-17, B-24, & a B-25. Next, I want to fire an 88 round.

Comment

Second Picture
                    Attached Files

Comment

Last Picture for Gaz. I hope this helps.
                      Attached Files

Comment

thank you for posting the pics eric.

whats your opinion on the cross please gents

regards gaz

Comment

How many "52" crosses are there ??

Peter Wiking
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Peter Wiking; 04-02-2004, 10:08 AM.

Comment

hi peter

so do you think the cross is good i only bought it because the maker mark was in a unusual position i know that it severely damaged but if it is good then there is another l/52 to look out for.

Comment

gaz.
                              I think its ok. I see its vaulted ? That could weight up a bit for the bad condition its in.

Any other opinions ?

Cheers.
                              Peter Wiking
                              Last edited by Peter Wiking; 04-02-2004, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X