RK on Weitze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK on Weitze

Has anyone seen, or know anything about, this RK on Weitze' site? Not identified by maker, but listed for 7000 Euros. I have already shown it to Dietrich this morning and he doesn't like it.
    Attached Files

no original for me. As i know these appear sometimes with markings "4" and "L/12".

Stefan

Comment

I guess there is more, this is in the SS forum:
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=473032

Comment

I have seen and handled 3 of these (before this one showed up): one marked '20' and two marked with just '800'. In hand, the quality is superb (better than the Rounder) and one had minor traces of frosting. At the last SOS, I watched as three of the great luminaries in RK's examined one of these for 15 minutes before giving up because they could not link it to a specific maker (it was returned to the collector who brought it in as a trade item). The design is the same as shown in Gordon's book as a fake with different markings (as Stefan mentioned).

I have regarded these as fakes. In the back of my mind, however, I have often wondered if some of these might be real and the dies (or leftover parts) used postwar to make new ones. Certainly the one examined at the SOS "looked the part".

Being on the site it is on today apparently does not help it these days.

Comment

I am not surprised at him,not good

Comment

Not a chance! I wouldn´t even pay EUR 70.–

Comment

Ok here we go again with Weitze, not good

Andy

Comment

Seems to be trying very hard to be a zimmermann/godet. I could see it fooling those who don't do their homework.
                Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                Decorations of Germany

Comment

what a good dealer..

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Gordon View Post
                    Seems to be trying very hard to be a zimmermann/godet. I could see it fooling those who don't do their homework.
                    Not even close!

Comment

Actually, the interesting thing to me is that this cross (except of course when falsely marked!) is not trying to be anything else. The inner arms have cross hatching similar to a Juncker, but really not the same, rather just another way for a designer to "corner" the arms. On the ones I have seen, the soldering is perfect and the beading is high. Fake or not, it is a very good piece of work.

Comment

In fact, it reminds me very much of this 1957 version by an unknown maker featured in Dietrich's book. (On another forum, someone said that this was Hartmann's postwar cross, but I don't know if that is true. No one seems to know who made this one.)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                          Not even close!
                          Whatever, your majesty. If you can't the similarity between the 2 get new glass.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Rich G; 11-15-2010, 05:26 AM.
                          Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                          Decorations of Germany

Comment

Have any of you try to contact Mr. Weitze? to tell him that his cross is a fake.
                            Best regards Thomas.

WWW.CROWMOOR.DK

Comment

Can anyone identify the maker of the cross in Post 12 from Dietrich's book? That would go a long way in the examination of the Weitze cross........

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X