GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KVK's w/ & w/o swords-Not Flochs, please, no!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK's w/ & w/o swords-Not Flochs, please, no!!

Once again, I am fearful of finding that badges that I bought in the 70's and 80's are no gute!!
    They are both marked L15.
    Here's the pics.
    Be gentle! It ain't my first time!!
    Thanx,
    Tim
    Attached Files

Floch no!!
    Attached Files

Comment

hmmmmmmmmm....

Left one looks good and the right is a Floch fake.

Comment

Both are post-war manufactured, IMO.
        George

Comment

IMO left one is Original from Friedrich Orth

Comment

Originally posted by wvdparis2 View Post
            IMO left one is Original from Friedrich Orth
            I believe that has been the opinion until recently. However, the recent EK1 book by D & G have shed some light on all these controversial L15 marked badges.

If it was me, I'd stay well clear of ANY of these.

Comment

Hi,

sorry but I don't agree with everything in the book (even if I think it is a very very High level job done in this book) and especially nothing has been proven on this L15 (no new light ).

Here is an other L15.

Few years ago I remember German warbooty had on typical L15 KVK1 like this one but with a "15" ("FO") stamp . Sorry I missed it ;-(

best

Michael

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
              I believe that has been the opinion until recently. However, the recent EK1 book by D & G have shed some light on all these controversial L15 marked badges.

If it was me, I'd stay well clear of ANY of these.
              Attached Files

Comment

It's a gray area to be sure, and hence my use of the qualifying "IMO."
                George

Comment

Originally posted by wvdparis2 View Post
                  Hi,

sorry but I don't agree with everything in the book (even if I think it is a very very High level job done in this book) and especially nothing has been proven on this L15 (no new light ).

Michael
                  Well .... I would imagine many are feeling threatened as this affects the objects in their collections. If I had one I know I'd have that nagging feeling always in the back of my mind ...

Comment

yes George we both used our IMO.
                    I personally likes the L15 (not the floch one made from a very different die set !) much...

Comment

Well .... I would imagine many are feeling threatened as this affects the objects in their collections. If I had one I know I'd have that nagging feeling always in the back of my mind ...
                      I have no problem with that, you only have this problem if you aren't open minded & not a true researcher...
                      Just because you read some sentences...

Comment

We have to learn every days (I do !). I Just wanted to add "read the book but makes you own researches & opinions too"

don't tell me because of the book said the SB L/18 EK1 are "invariably" marked on the cross that the one one this picture don't exist

PS : just wanted to repeat it is an Excellent book, every EK collector must have then don't misunderstand my sentences
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by wvdparis2; 11-14-2010, 10:33 AM.

Comment

If I had one I know I'd have that nagging feeling always in the back of my mind ...
                          Hi guys,
                          Even though opinions are slightly divided here on these, or rather the on the KVK mit schwerten, Darrell does sum it up in that I would always have a doubt as to the originality of these crosses. So, methinks I'll find a couple of good examples and give these the deep six.
                          Thank you,
                          Tim

PS- Darrell, I see that you 'Location' says that you are from the Land of Hockey Gold. So, you're from Chicago, eh???!!!
                          Last edited by TP Alexander; 11-14-2010, 11:33 AM.

Comment

"don't tell me because of the book said the SB L/18 EK1 are "invariably" marked on the cross that the one one this picture don't exist"

This is a great example of how the knowledge base of this hobby is ever expanding, and that we learn new things practically every day. (And we have to learn to be careful with absolute statements!)
                            George

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
                              Hi guys,
                              PS- Darrell, I see that you 'Location' says that you are from the Land of Hockey Gold. So, you're from Chicago, eh???!!!
                              No Chicago is "Silver" (Stanley Cup), Canada is "Gold" (Olympic)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X