Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waechtler & Lange EK2 Opinions

Hello everyone,

I know I have been asking for a lot of opinions on this maker lately but I have been purchasing a lot of these crosses too and I always like to get the opinion of the forum EK Pro's before getting one. THis one is offered to me by "Jazz24ffm" a fellow forum member and all-round great seller!

What do you guys think. I know that this maker to the best of my knowledge (Thanks Frank!) Has not been faked yet but I'd still like some opinions! Once again this is what I believe to be an Unmarked Waechtler and Lange (MM100).

THanks again!

-Shane
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Airborne Nut; 03-25-2004, 02:23 PM.

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

Your assumption is right.
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

Thanks Frank this one and 2 others just like it are now on their way in the mail! Can't wait to get this little research project going! Boy I'm Excited!!!

-Shane

Originally posted by Frank H
        Your assumption is right.

Comment

Have you already heard of the L 55 (on frame) marked EK2s of W&L?

Keep your eyes open, maybe you will find one among the "unmarked" ones. Very rare and not so easy to see at first glance.
          Last edited by Frank H; 03-25-2004, 04:27 PM.
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Check it out!
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

reverse
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

maker mark L 55 (in box) is on the reverse frame, six o´ clock arm:
                Attached Files
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

I had heard of it but I though I misread it. I have never seen this until your pics now. Wow . I will surely be keeping my eyes open for this now that I know it actually does exist and where to look for it. What is the reasoning behind this? W&L marking some of thier pieces for Private sale, obviously! Do you know how many were made? That seems like an odd place for a MM to be stamped!

Thanks agian Frank you are surely a wealth of knowledge!

-Shane

Comment

Dear Shane,

Since I found this one about a year ago by chance (the seller missed that mark) I have been looking for another one, but never found one again. Gordon Williamson was also surprised to see this, so they cannot be common at all.
                    Btw, some L/12 EKs are marked L/12 on the frame as well, 12 o´clock arm though.
                    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank, what I find really amazing is not that the seller missed the mark, but that a collector as astute as yourself was fortuanate enough to obtain it. Had that same cross fallen into other hands it no doubt never would have been discovered for the true Jem that it is. Lucky for us you got it and now we have some visual evidence of such marked crosses existing!

-SHane

Originally posted by Frank H
                      Dear Shane,

Since I found this one about a year ago by chance (the seller missed that mark) I have been looking for another one, but never found one again. Gordon Williamson was also surprised to see this, so they cannot be common at all.
                      Btw, some L/12 EKs are marked L/12 on the frame as well, 12 o´clock arm though.

Comment

Here's something to look for when trying to determine whether an unmarked EK 2 is a W&L -- the way the beading on the frame is "squashed" right here.
                        Attached Files
                        George

Comment

Thanks Again George, I had noticed that before too, but until now didn't think much of it!

At risk of boring you all even more with another cross from this same maker here is another I will be getting very shortly. After this I will be taking a little break so that I can save up to purchase some MM100 EK1's

Thanks to all who have helped me out through this thread and once again with another EK2, this One marked 100:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Back:
                            Attached Files

Comment

MM100 Close-up:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X