New Cased Godet German Cross in Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Cased Godet German Cross in Gold

This one is marked "21" under the pin. Just got it in the mail It's the heavier (earlier) version of the DKG by Godet:

The DKG obverse:

Comment

The DKG reverse:

Comment

The maker mark:
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Yuri, one of the harder makers of the DKiG to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Dez H
            Very nice Yuri, one of the harder makers of the DKiG to find.
            Nice cross. That looks like the one from Leisure Galleries. What is the weight?

Comment

70.2 grams.

Originally posted by tom hansen
              Nice cross. That looks like the one from Leisure Galleries. What is the weight?

Comment

Nice original cross Yuri. That's a real keeper.

Comment

Thank you! Yes it was from Leisure Galleries. It's been sitting there for a while. So I decided that the price was finally right for a purchase.

Yuri

Comment

Originally posted by Yuri Desyatnik
                    70.2 grams.
                    Thanks Yuri. I have one that is more beat up that is 70.2 grams as well. Great cross. I had that one on my next purchase list, but too slow for me. Congratulations!

Comment

One thing I'd like to note about these DKGs by Godet is the toughness of the black finish on the inner starburst. On Kleins and Zimmermanns, if they are even lightly used, the black finish comes right off from the rays. With Godets this finish looks more resilient. Also note the top and bottom rivets are of a blackish color, while the two middle rivets are white metal. Looks like the outer rivets belong to the inner startburst and it was finished with the black color before the DKG was assembled.

Yuri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X