EK1 and award document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 and award document

A denazified set. Any opinion as to the maker of the cross and authenticity of the document? The seller is asking 100 euros.. deal or not a deal? Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

doc
    Attached Files

Comment

Something doesn't seem right about this doc. The print is not crisp enough and there is no "shine" on the EK motif, which is generally seen on this doc type. The unit had been in reserve since September at this time and the signature doesn't seem right - it should be Hermann Balck - this one seems forced. Also, I don't like how it lists the batallion rather than the company before the unit (although this isn't automatically bad) and I'm not sure that this particular feldpost number fits into the unit at this time (I'm certainly not expert at feldpost numbers, however). I'd be curious if this document glows under a black light - and I also don't like the modern tape repair.

Comment

If original, would it glow or not under UV light?

Comment

Hello,

I'm not liking this document either. Panz. Gren. Rgt. 110 was part of the 11th Panzer Division and therefore this document should be signed (as Brian noted) by the Divisional Commander, General der Panzertruppen Hermann Balck. The use of an eagle ink stamp bearing a Feldpostnummer is also strange to be used by a Divisional Commander. I would expect the eagle ink stamp to read something like: Kdo. 11. Panz. Div.

The Feldpostnummer (as I make it out) looks to be 22026. This number was assigned to Stab/Panzerjäger-Abteilung 127, which was part of the 27th Panzer Division.

The document is a fake, in my opinion, because the Divisional Commander's signature does not match to that of the 11th Panzer Division and the eagle ink stamp does match to the signing authority.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 11-04-2010, 09:44 PM.
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thank you tyanacek and Brian R for your obviously well informed opinions! I will pass on the set.

Comment

Here is a signed photo postcard of Hermann Balck. Note his signature:
              Attached Files
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X