• Show
Clear All

Thoughts on this KVK

Interesting KVK first class, welcome your thoughts, cheers, Paul
    Attached Files

Unmarked sadly
    Attached Files

Comment

Could it be a denazified cross that has been restored with the addition of a loose swastika? Pebbled background seems pretty rough compared to the pebbling on the arms, maybe hand-done?

Comment

Thanks, but the cost of a KVK would be counter that.....also the pebbling has a gold tinge.........interesting tho

Comment

My thoughts are similar to Donnerwetter's.
          It looks like a formerly denazified cross which has been restored. The swastika was removed, the centre area was pebbled by hand to tidy it up and remove the traces of the swastika, the base metal is showing through, hence the gold tinge and now a replacement swastika has been fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
            My thoughts are similar to Donnerwetter's.
            It looks like a formerly denazified cross which has been restored. The swastika was removed, the centre area was pebbled by hand to tidy it up and remove the traces of the swastika, the base metal is showing through, hence the gold tinge and now a replacement swastika has been fitted.
            Ok with that, but seems strange, that said if it had sentimental value....cheers guys

Comment

The 'replacement' swastika does look home made, note the difference in thickness on the arms arrowed below.......
              Attached Files

Comment

also.... the top and bottom part of the wreath where they meet is missing the vertical sections . What catagory would this cross be put in ? Resored, or post war,with added swastika, as i agree its clear to see the gap under the swas.
                I also wonder how much one like this would be worth? I would assume possibly nowhere near what an unmessed with version is worth. (possibly why it is unmarked) Might be a while till you ever break even, but a good lesson to always look closely at all medals before purchasing.

Comment

I agree, a re-nazified War Merit Cross 1st Class.

Bob Hritz
                  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Good eyes, guys

Comment

Many thanks gentlemen, seems such a pointless excercise to re-nazify a KVK, but stranger things happen, I will keep it in the collection as an anomally, thanks again, Paul

Comment

I always thought that KVKs 1st and 2nd class shouldn't have those lines going through the leaves, that only RKs are supposed to have them - am I wrong?

Comment

Not a cross for me

Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X