No announcement yet.

ek2 mm24 opinions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mark on the jump ring John shows in post 11 is to me intentionaly placed and not a tool mark . I have seen a few of these and own two crosses that have a mark in an oval - not quit the same shape - on a Juncker and my Schinkel B . On the Schinkel B it is in the same spot as his but on the Juncker the same mark is on the side of the ribbon ring .

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
      The mark on the jump ring John shows in post 11 is to me intentionaly placed and not a tool mark.
      I agree with you Douglas. I have seen a few -- just a handful -- of crosses that have marks on that small jumpring that I consider intentional marks of some sort, including a Meybauer with an interesting mark that appears to be a '7'.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Looking at it - post 11 - which is worn more - it seams to be the same mark as on my Schinkel B :.... located differently on the Juncker EK2 .
        Tricky to get good closeups .

Douglas
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Douglas for sharing this information. It is hard to get clear shots of this mark. The raised diagonal thick line on mine certainly looks like an intentionally stamped mark. This is fascinating it is not just restricted to the one maker. With your examples, I wonder what the significance could be. Perhaps the craftsmen, maybe senior craftsmen, putting on their mark ??
          I know this is only a guess, but trades/craftsmen have always been encouraged to put their mark on their work. Particularly peices they were extremely happy with.
          I know in my area of work we were always encouraged by the old school to do so.
          What do you think?

regards John

Comment

Douglas 5:
            Sell your Schinkel B to me and I will put it under my x200 magnifier.

I have no idea what kind of mark this is, but I have to check all my crosses now!

Comment

Originally posted by John Henderson View Post
              Hi Fabri and Kevin,
              great bit of research there on these marks. Is the example on Weitzes site also ring marked with a circle, do you know??
              Regards John
              Hi John,
              I have not seen the cross on his website... I have seen the cross personally, in my hands, when I visited his stand to the Milan show on Saturday. Unfortunately core was very worn so I let the cross there.
              The ring was marked 24 O exactly as just showed in this thread.
              In the true Weitze had some interesting stuffs, an early EKI one piece in tombak with all its paint.. aff.. a beauty ! but I had another interest there..

Comment

Sonny and everyone better check your Juncker EK2s . This the most interesting one I have found yet . Spot the mark !

Douglas
                Attached Files

Comment

There is something on my Juncker too..

Comment

Not too hard to find actualy , well struck and where it is not worn much either .
                    The ribbon ring on this early Juncker is otherwise very unusual as well .

Douglas
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Douglas,
                      well now I am starting to look at all my ek2s, jump rings, suspension rings etc.
                      I have an old well worn and much polished Juncker. It has these marks on the jump ring on both sides in exactly the same place. Again I would not think these are coincidental damage marks or clamping / process marks. These look to be intentionally marked.
                      regards JohnIMG_8067.jpg

IMG_8069.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X