New MM100 Ek2's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New MM100 Ek2's

Hello Again Everyone, Today was a very good day for deliveries. On top of all the other good stuff I got in I also got these 2 Waechtler and Lange EK2's. Just wanted to share them with you guys and have you voice any concearns you may have. I have posted these before from the seller's pictures and they got a thumbs up but thought I should post them again!

Thanks to all!

-Shane
    Attached Files

They are fine (and to my knowledge there are no Wächtler & lange EK2 fakes yet). But please allow me one question: what to do with umpteen Wächtler & Lange EK2s?
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank that's Great news! Make collecting them a little more trouble free. But I will still run them by the Forum just to be doubly sure.

As for collecting umpteen Wachtler & Lange EK2's, I just don't know why. I really like the finish on them and the Frosting is almost always Spectacular, even on the worn ones! For now I have 5 of them 2 more are on their way soon. This is just such a beautiful cross in my eyes, everything about it is intriguing to me. A MM100 EK2 was my first EK ever, and I guess that is where the love affair began. I have ordered 2 cases from Indian River and plan to make several displays with them. As soon as my scientific scale gets here I will be measuring each cross and weighing them individually. I am curious to see what the differences in dimensions are between them if any. See if the different dies made a difference. So far I can tell that 4 out of 5 have loose cores. Coincidence? Maybe.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Shane

Originally posted by Frank H
      They are fine (and to my knowledge there are no Wächtler & lange EK2 fakes yet). But please allow me one question: what to do with umpteen Wächtler & Lange EK2s?

Comment

--I love these too although I don't have one. I do have the first class version but I got out of 3rd Reich before I got my hands on a marked, mint, frosted 2nd class. I do have one that I suspect could be an unmarked, worn and non-frosted version, I would be interested in your scientific findings!

Comment

--This may be somewhat unrelated, but it's why I can understand...

Comment

Dear Bill,

Nice 1st class W&L, but the 2nd class is not a W&L in my opinion.
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

--Yeah Frank, I was afraid not as the finish is fine, but not quite so much as with the 1st class. I had never really taken the opportunity to examine the core features on a good 2nd class example as I spend most of my time fiddling with Imperial. I would consider getting one of these though!

Comment

Shane, are you talking about a finish such as this?
                Attached Files
                Antti

Comment

Bill Beauty EK1 . I have my eye on one of those too. Think I have found one but it will be a month or 2 until I have enought money to get one that is cased.
                  I will be posting my findings when I have finished compiling them. Right now is very buisy at work so hopefully I will have a dozen or more crosses to inspect come October-ish. It is an after work project for me right now, and with the summer coming this study may get put on hold so the new patio in my backyard can be completed.

But I will defenitely get the results posted! I am very interested in examining this maker in detail.

-Shane

Comment

Blitz,That's the finish!

Let me know if you ever want to part with that beauty!

Originally posted by Blitz
                    Shane, are you talking about a finish such as this?

Comment

I agree with Frank the EK2 does not appear to be a W&L, nice Cross though. Is the Swaz Pyrimidal in shape? It looks to be.

-Shane

Originally posted by Frank H
                      Dear Bill,

Nice 1st class W&L, but the 2nd class is not a W&L in my opinion.

Comment

Shane Bennett.
                        Have you noted that some 100 crosses comes with the marking at front, instead of the back ?
                        Here is my 100:
                        Peter Wiking
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Peter Wiking; 03-24-2004, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Can't say as I have thanks Peter! As I said any and all info is very very well recieved.

Thanks Peter!

-Shane

Originally posted by Peter Wiking
                          Shane Bennett.
                          Have you noted that some 100 crosses comes with the marking at front, instead of the back ?
                          Here is my 100:
                          Peter Wiking

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X