Opinions: Cased KVK w Swords 1 Klasse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions: Cased KVK w Swords 1 Klasse

Hey all, if you get the chance I just recieved this from a member on the eStand. I like it but just want to get some of your opinions, what do you think?
    Attached Files

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

Case Closed
      Attached Files

Comment

Case Open:
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks ok to me.
          Is it a true vaulting, or vaulted by hand ?

Cheers.
          Peter Wiking

Comment

Looks fine.

Comment

A great set, you will find that the cross is marked 62 under the pin (matching the maker of the case).
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frank H
                A great set, you will find that the cross is marked 62 under the pin (matching the maker of the case).
                100% Right you are Frank, 62 Under the Pin. If this is not a True Vaulting then it is the best field vault I have ever seen! The KVK in my opinion has a True Vault to it. Very nice and completely uniform vault (unlike the bent appearance some field vaults have)

Thanks for the good news guys, I have said it many times before but this Forum is worth its weight in gold.

-Shane

Comment

Originally posted by Shane Bennett
                  Thanks for the good news guys, I have said it many times before but this Forum is worth its weight in gold.

-Shane
                  How true, and good luck with your new KVK.

Cheers.
                  Peter Wiking

Comment

Nice cased example, its good to see them with the frosting still remaining. I have a similar early example of a #62 but it's not as minty as yours. I however believe it to be a field vault or most likely done by a jewler as all other ones of this maker that I have seen are flat. These early KVK's are worlds apart from their grey zinc younger brothers. Ed Maroli

Comment

Thanks Ed, I agree if this is a field Vault it would have to have been done by a Jewler. It is just too perfect to have been done infield. I have several Field Vault EK1's and they are let's say worlds apart from this one.

-Shane

Originally posted by emaroli
                      Nice cased example, its good to see them with the frosting still remaining. I have a similar early example of a #62 but it's not as minty as yours. I however believe it to be a field vault or most likely done by a jewler as all other ones of this maker that I have seen are flat. These early KVK's are worlds apart from their grey zinc younger brothers. Ed Maroli

Comment

very nice i had to replace my kvk1 ws as lost its touch as they say.well done if up for grabs let me know

Comment

I agree with Ed, I have also only seen flat 62s.
                          Cheers, Frank

Comment

What should I look for to tell if it is file vaulted? Usually on my EK1's there is the telltale section on the back where the award starts to take a slant. Should I be worried since it is defenitely vaulted?

Here are some Vaulted pics:

Originally posted by Frank H
                            I agree with Ed, I have also only seen flat 62s.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X