No announcement yet.

RK Production Frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody really interested in the evidential closeness to S&L?

Dez, if I would do that, you think I would run a dry-test on the toughest forum on the face of the earth? Actually, not a bad thought.....

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Erich
      Is it the reflection of the light, or does the beading show some wear or flattening on the high points? Also, does your friend know where these originated?
      Very interesting!
      Erich
      Thanks for the interest!

He said he bought those on a local flee market. I thought, based on the bad pictures, it the typical dipping ring fake. He offered to send them to me for closer inspection. Now, I'm a lot more interested and have asked him a lot more questions, evidently.

The beading is very flat. If S&L connection at all, I would say somebody took an S&L as the model for this. It makes a very new impression to me and if this thing is for real (as an intended fake) then Watch Out!

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I thought it looked like a slightly worn S&L as well. Would it be possible to have a close up of the center corners--even better would be some side by side views of the center and a confirmed original pre45 S&L--preferably one with no frosting left.

Erich

Originally posted by Dietrich
        Thanks for the interest!

He said he bought those on a local flee market. I thought, based on the bad pictures, it the typical dipping ring fake. He offered to send them to me for closer inspection. Now, I'm a lot more interested and have asked him a lot more questions, evidently.

The beading is very flat. If S&L connection at all, I would say somebody took an S&L as the model for this. It makes a very new impression to me and if this thing is for real (as an intended fake) then Watch Out!

Dietrich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Dez H
          Going to start churning out a few RK's Dietrich?

Will keep a close out for you on ebay.......

They will be easy to spot...they will be the ones made out of clay..

Comment

Erich I had asked Dietrich to post the 3oc arms side x side because I too thought that there was a strong hint of 'S&L'!! Have a look at pic #6 and although 'flat', as the entire planchet is, it really doesn't fully match the fingerprint of original S&L dies.

At a glance however....yes it's close and I suspect if these were / are in production we are in for a new wave of good fakes!

Dave
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Aha, you're right--at least in the photo it does look different. As you say, very very similar, though.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Looks like the 2 halves for a fake that is a clone of S&L frame and junker loop.
                interesting find

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X