EK2 mm 122 - opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 mm 122 - opinions please

I'm mostly an Imperial EK collector - so much so that I sold off most of my 1939 EKs to help finance my addiction to 1914 EKs. Having said that, here's a 1939 EK2 (maker marked 122) I decided to keep. Is this a common maker? Your opinions and comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Best, Alex

Very nice one and not so common maker.

here is my to compare

Comment

Very nice, I am still looking for that maker !

Nick

Comment

Mm122 ek2

Your 122 is spot on and in super condition! 122s are not a very common maker, but a hoarde of these were uncovered several years ago which accounts for a number of EK2s from this maker being seen on this site over the past year of two. This was a lovely designed cross from a manufacturer out of Austria. One of my favorite makers for sure..

Comment

Very nice cross Alex !

Douglas

Comment

Thats remained in excellent condition Alex well worth keeping!

Comment

ek2 mm 122

Hi Alex; nice one in great condition, one to hold on too.

Comment

As allready said, a nice a original cross in good condition.

Comment

Excellent EK2. A very nice example!

Comment

I agree with the above comments. A good original cross in very nice condition.
                    Note the die flaw (circled below) which seems to be present on many of these crosses, a useful identifying feature.
                    Attached Files

Comment

i can confirm that a small lot was found some years ago. I got 10 of them, all in near mint condition.

Comment

You are damn right Adrian, I did not notice this line on the frame. THank you

Comment

Thank you all for your informative comments and opinions. I've always liked the look and feel of this EK, especially the sharp (literally) features of the edges of the frame, and the shiny 'rainbow' patina on it. Guess I really better hang on to it.

Thanks also for bringing the die flaw in the frame to my attention. I probably would have never noticed it. Interestingly the same flaw is visible in the pictures of the EK2 submitted by EK-collector.

Best,

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by EK Hunter View Post
                            Thank you all for your informative comments and opinions. I've always liked the look and feel of this EK, especially the sharp (literally) features of the edges of the frame, and the shiny 'rainbow' patina on it. Guess I really better hang on to it.

Thanks also for bringing the die flaw in the frame to my attention. I probably would have never noticed it. Interestingly the same flaw is visible in the pictures of the EK2 submitted by EK-collector.

Best,

Alex
                            Yes Alex, it is really interesting flaw and I always like to see similiarities between crosses of the same maker..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X