Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with EK2/KVK2/Finn grouping

Hi Guys,

Recently purchased an EK2, KVK2 without swords and a Finnish 1939-40 Winter War Medal as a group. These came from an NZ vets family and I believe them to be genuine.
    My question is, who would receive a group like this, would it be a Finn who later fought for Germany, or a German based in Finland?
    Any help would be appreciated, can't post photo's, sorry.

Thanks.....Tony

What do you mean by "group?" Three loose medals? A medal bar with those awards? If a medal bar, please describe said Finnish medal and its ribbon:

There WEREN'T any Germans fighting alongside the Finns in 1939-40 (they were... busy... with their own plans).

Comment

I think such a gouping is highly unlikely. During the Continuation War(1941-44) a batallion of Finns did fight with the Germans in PzGrenD. "Wiking". And in Lappland Finns and germans fought together quite often. But and EK2, KvK2 and the Winter War medal? To my knowledge Finnish troops(volunteers or any other) didn't fight with NZ troops at any time, since there weren't any on the western front. Just my two cents.
      Antti

Comment

No single German soldier was officially awarded winter war medal...

Finn who just has winter war medal and two German decorations???...I would not buy that story.

The combination is very unlikely anyway.

Jani
        - Military historian and dealer from Finland.
        - Collecting Finnish awards, German EK1's 1939, KVK1's w/o swords and Tirolian shooting badges.
        I still need EK1's L/14 Screwback and Pinback.

Comment

Finn grouping

Thanks everybody, I'm a total novice, the seller never said they were taken as one group from a soldier, onlythat they came together as a set. I ASSUMED that they were one (they are not on a medal bar), but this clears this up. I'm still more than happy with the items I've ended up with.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X