L/11 EK1 and case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L/11 EK1 and case

Hello gents,could you take a look at this latest aquisition.I believe the medal to be ok but the iron cross motif on the case is off centre,is that a problem?As usual,any opinions would be appreciated,

regards,

Paul
    Attached Files

L/11 EK1 and case

case.
    Attached Files

Comment

L/11 EK1 and case

case motif.
      Attached Files

Comment

L/11 EK1 and case

L/11 Front.
        Attached Files

Comment

L/11 EK1 and case

L/11 Back.
          Attached Files

Comment

L/11 EK1 and case

L/11 Maker mark.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paul,

When you remove the bottom insert from the presentation case, is there a maker-mark on the bottom of the inside of the case? Just curious.

Tom
              California

Comment

I think the box is genuine, see the rayon joining slip to the lid it looks like it's a different material to the lid liner.

The thinness of the cross on top too, fakes are thicker.....slightly. More often than not the fake box corners are square or semi rounded.

The over lap fringe on the top layer of paper is consistant with originals, fakes tend to have a very small over lap....although it's not always the case of course.

I think it's ok in all honesty, it's getting hard of course but the fact the cross on the lid is 'off' I wouldn't concern myself with in conjunction with the rest of the box.

If there's no serial numbers and mm insde don't be concerned either, although I imagine this one would be possibly a D&B ? (Although being a flat top box, it could well be a KB....bugger don't know, they're the two main makers of all boxes i.e contractors)

The last resort is the back of the catch, there is a distinct difference between genuine and reproduction ones.

I guess we'll find out for sure in a while.

Kind regards,

Marcus
                Last edited by MH184; 03-19-2004, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Looks good to me.

Allan
                  Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                  Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

L/11 EK1 and case

Thanks for the reply Tom and Marcus,the insert moves up a little but not enough to remove it and I don't want to force it.Marcus,whats the distinguishing feature at the rear of the catch that points to a fake?Cheers for your help guys,

Paul

Comment

It's below the base Paul, I'll have to post clear pic's in the morning or sometime during the day for you.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

HI Paul
                        I don't see a problem with the case,I have several that the cross is not centered,All other aspects of the case look good also. And the cross is also
                        David R.

Originally posted by paul w
                        Hello gents,could you take a look at this latest aquisition.I believe the medal to be ok but the iron cross motif on the case is off centre,is that a problem?As usual,any opinions would be appreciated,

regards,

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

I'm with Marcus. The case looks like a D&B. The painted cross on the top of my D&B box is a bit off-centered also. If you are able to remove the bottom insert, you should see the letters D&B inside a circle then a series of numbers.

Tom
                          California

Comment

a ek1 l11 from the union jack

hears another for you to have a look at , yes the box is totally different

Comment

pic 2

pic 2
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X