Comment

b
      Attached Files

Comment

Original St&L.

Comment

I like it....nice patina

Comment

Nice 4 and L/16 marked S&L . Interested in a closeup of these 2 areas if possible ?

Thanks Douglas
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Douglas,
              Yes of course,
              here are the close ups of this two indicated areas,
              Thanks
              PS: what is the number "4" for and the "L/16" please ?
              I guess the L/16 is the Steinauer and Luck mark ...
              and what is the other for ?
              Attached Files

Comment

Member Adrian explained this to me once so I am going to quote him, i hope he doesnt mind but I cant explain any better than he did ;

""Basically the award manufacturers were given a Präsidialkanzlei (PKZ) number, for example Deschler was number 1, Juncker was number 2, right through to A.D. Schwert who was number 142. Some makers were authorized to
                make EKs, some weren't. In addition, certain manufacturers were granted an LDO license to make awards for private purchase and given an LDO number.
                This had no relation to their PKZ number. These companies were allowed to make awards for private purchase and had to mark them with their 'L' number.
                So, S&L made EKs marked '4' and also 'L/16'. The awards marked '4' were used as award pieces and issued in the field, at award ceremonies etc. The pieces marked 'L/16' were sold directly from S&L or from approved outlets for awardees who wished to buy another example of their award. An EK
                recipient might want to keep his award medal at home, at barracks, send it to his wife or parents etc. He might then also wish to have an example court mounted for use on this best uniform, so he would go the maker or an outlet
                that sold EKs, provide proof he was entitled to the award and purchase an LDO marked cross.
                LDO numbered awards are significantly rarer than their PKZ marked counterparts due to the quantities of each made (or marked) in relation to one another. LDO awards will often be found in good quality cases made specifically for the piece whereas PKZ examples came in the blue paper envelope."

Hope this helps

Nick
                Last edited by Stickgrenade; 10-04-2010, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Ek

Small mistake, not Deumer but S&L. Good writeup and explanation Nick. Jim

Originally posted by Stickgrenade View Post
                  Member Adrian explained this to me once so I am going to quote him, i hope he doesnt mind but I cant explain any better than he did ;

""Basically the award manufacturers were given a Präsidialkanzlei (PKZ) number, for example Deschler was number 1, Juncker was number 2, right through to A.D. Schwert who was number 142. Some makers were authorized to
                  make EKs, some weren't. In addition, certain manufacturers were granted an LDO license to make awards for private purchase and given an LDO number.
                  This had no relation to their PKZ number. These companies were allowed to make awards for private purchase and had to mark them with their 'L' number.
                  So, Deumer made EKs marked '4' and also 'L/16'. The awards marked '4' were used as award pieces and issued in the field, at award ceremonies etc. The pieces marked 'L/16' were sold directly from Deumer or from approved outlets for awardees who wished to buy another example of their award. An EK
                  recipient might want to keep his award medal at home, at barracks, send it to his wife or parents etc. He might then also wish to have an example court mounted for use on this best uniform, so he would go the maker or an outlet
                  that sold EKs, provide proof he was entitled to the award and purchase an LDO marked cross.
                  LDO numbered awards are significantly rarer than their PKZ marked counterparts due to the quantities of each made (or marked) in relation to one another. LDO awards will often be found in good quality cases made specifically for the piece whereas PKZ examples came in the blue paper envelope."

Hope this helps

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
                    Small mistake, not Deumer but S&L. Good writeup and explanation Nick. Jim
                    Thanks Jim, I have corrected it. I just copied, pasted and slightly amended Adrians excellent description

Nick

Comment

Thank you far for every contribution,
                      which makes interesting this thread.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X