No announcement yet.

RK Oaks Strike or Restrike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric, it's not easy to reproduce perfectly without an original die.

Comment

And that is the point you have been trying to make?

Comment

Last edited by WalterB; 04-03-2004, 04:08 PM.
        When you go home
        Tell them for us and say
        For your tomorrow
        We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
        Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
          Chris, c'mon now hop off of the fence!!!!

That "If they do not match" leaves too much wiggle room and after all of this work I think that the muppet ( I love you man! ) deserves a solid yay or nay...

Hell it reminds me of " define sex "!!!

This entire discussion was by far the BEST I can recall and culminated in a very profound discovery!

Best yet ofcourse...no name calling, no personal crap but just plain good discussion, science and logic!!

Dave
          Hello Dave...nice to hear from you !

I'm trying not to sit on the fence...(bloody uncomfortable at my time of life)

Brian, Please read through the posts to this thread (try page 5 especially) and your references again..(plus the last thread that I started) ...are you sure that Godet only had two sets of dies ?....
          (sorry ~ no green this time mate)

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

I got an L/50 with swords in the e-mail this morning and was asked to do my comparison with this pieces also. It is interesting since a lot of frosting is present and the picture is not really that high in definition.

However, as can be seen, the comparison still works well. Some features are fainter due to the frosting, but I'm sure that with good contrast pictures the result would also be better.
            Dietrich
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Stahlhut
              And that is the point you have been trying to make?
              Yes. At this price wouldn't you like to make your own comparison from a Forum archive like this? Be 95% sure and then get an opinion from someone who has it in hand to ensure the back?

Comment

The left one is the oakleaf, awarded to the famous major von Eichhörnchen-Baum. The right one is under a big question regarding authencity. The small yellow spots on it are characteristic for the Latvian forests

Attached Files
                The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Eichenlauben

I've tried to follow this thread but now I'm lost.
                  What's the bottom line on Craig's set? I haven't seen those mentioned or compared photographically for a while. Are there any pictured that are considered fakes? How many are we comparing?
                  Theodore, I picked 2 of those the last time I was at the Nürnberg Partei grounds--I know mine are original! They came right from the tree!
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Erich,

post 216 is the comparison between a set with provenance (Brian's Paepke oaks) and the oaks from Craig. They do not check out as being from the same die.

Dietrich
                    B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Ok, ok, I see that you still don't believe me! So here goes the truth - an original period signed photo of the legendary Major von Eichhörnchen-Baum, commander of Nussknacker-Abteilung 3, ready to blast the next Soviet nut with his Wunderwaffe! Even the mentioned oakleaf is seen!!!!!!!!!!!

/don't shoot me! I'll leave your thread alone! /
                      The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Originally posted by Theodor
                        Ok, ok, I see that you still don't believe me! So here goes the truth - an original period signed photo of the legendary Major von Eichhörnchen-Baum, commander of Nussknacker-Abteilung 3, ready to blast the next Soviet nut with his Wunderwaffe! Even the mentioned oakleaf is seen!!!!!!!!!!!

/don't shoot me! I'll leave your thread alone! /
                        Geez, Theodor, why don't you go post this stuff in Die Kniepe? This discussion is actually trying to explore something interesting and serious.
                        When you go home
                        Tell them for us and say
                        For your tomorrow
                        We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                        Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Oaks

Hello Dietrich,
                          Thanks--got it!
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Dies

OK guys....please take a look at page 348 and 349 of the Iron Time......these are swords but the Oaks are the L/50's

Question (for those with better eyesight than me)....are these from the same dies ?...I think not. Doesnt the one of them (right) look very familiar ?

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Chris,

I see the same featurtes as with the other L/50.
                              Dietrich
                              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

I would think that all members of this forum should thank Brian and Dietrich for the information they have presented regarding oaks. It makes it much more scientific and offers an objective start point. This is very helpful for novices such as myself in understanding these pieces. Further, with such detailed criteria, I would think it very difficult for a faker to get past that hurdle. Thanks for the information guys!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 120 users online. 0 members and 120 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X