Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Left

Front Left of Craigs
    Last edited by magprint; 03-30-2004, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Back

Craigs Back side
      Last edited by magprint; 03-30-2004, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Help

I hope this helps the discussion.

Regards,
        Rich Moran

Comment

Rich, I'm not sure how much "Craig's back side" is going to help!!!!

Great pics tho!

Any good news for me yet?

Dave
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

"Rich, I'm not sure how much "Craig's back side" is going to help!!!! "

I didn't want to say it....
            George

Comment

As I stated

George/Dave,

As I mentioned in a previous post Steve Wolfe forwarded these to me and asked if I could post some info on them. I don't plan on expressing an opinion on these Oaks. Let the members of the forum decide for themselves.

I am only the acting photographer on this one . . .

Dave: No luck yet on a nice S&L - sorry - maybe something will break at Stuttgart next week.

Rich Moran

Comment

Thanks Rich....
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

These current pics of Craig's oaks don't look the same as on his site. Tarnish on the reverse as well as the loop looks bent.

Comment

I can see why you'd say that but I'd guess it's the photography... Here's the first and second photos. I'm not going down the conspiracy theory path... I think Craig's first photo was just over bright.

Comment

Anyone have any doubts about flaws, die characteristics, etc. regarding the comparison of these two?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Brian...say what you bloody well mean!!!

I've stayed out of this because I haven't studied this award but side by side photos DO show a difference! A difference I'd rather not see in an award made in a similar manner to a coin....

Dave
                        Regards,
                        Dave

Comment

Brian,

same applies here. Without any comment, here are differences I see. This is just a visual comparison and I don not make any comments about real, genuine, right wrong...
                          B&D PUBLISHING
                          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Dave, Dietrich, George,

Wouldn't you agree that any portion of these oaks enlarged, the leaf pebble details, should match exactly the pebbles and die characteristics to a known original?

The bottom left has some very unique characteristics that should be easy to match.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is Craig's lower left. This has passed muster with the masters and I'm really gun shy to make any conclusions. I'm studying NTFS Inheritance and Permissions today, feeling a little muppety...

Comment

RICH: I'd love to see a good backside of the Schloss Kleißheim 900/21.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 93 users online. 0 members and 93 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X