RK real or fake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK real or fake.

Firstly I have to apologize for the bad pictures , but the seller couldn't take better ones ( ).
    Anyways , is it real or is it a fake ?

Frank Scheepers
    Attached Files

the back.

Frank Scheepers
    Attached Files

Comment

I think it is not a standard RK.
      George

Comment

Rk?

Certainly an odd one--I don't like the proportions.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Old cast copy based on an EKII ?

Comment

eh...
            So I'm not the only one who is clueless on the medal

Frank Scheepers

Comment

I think it's a beat up example of a copy Detlev illustrated sometime in the last month or so. Note how constricted the area is in the middle around the swastika - it's almost as tight as the center of a WWI EK II.

Jim

Comment

Based on the poor quality photos, I'd say the wear looks hurriedly faked, especially on the back. But more importantly, if the guy is selling something at this price level, why can't he provide better pictures? There have been times when I was willing to take some risk, but usually not with an item that has been copied as frequently and as accurately as an RK.

How much are you willing to gamble?

Tim
                "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlane
                  Based on the poor quality photos, I'd say the wear looks hurriedly faked, especially on the back. But more importantly, if the guy is selling something at this price level, why can't he provide better pictures? There have been times when I was willing to take some risk, but usually not with an item that has been copied as frequently and as accurately as an RK.

How much are you willing to gamble?

Tim
                  How much am I willing to gamble...
                  How much does one gamble normally in this hobby ?
                  I'm still new to this hobby and am a bit anxious to take risks.
                  But then again... if you can get an item cheap with a bit of luck , it'll be the catch of the year.

But...
                  There are still no definate yes' or no's ?

Frank Scheepers

Comment

Frank..NO! It's a cheap and poorly made reproduction.

Dave
                    Regards,
                    Dave

Comment

Excellent , that was an answer I was waiting for
                      Thank you Dave.

Frank Scheepers

Comment

Frank,

Sorry I was so unclear in my previous post. Let me be more clear: NO! Don't buy it. The observations of George, Erich, et al, are spot on - the dimensions are all wrong.

I was trying to make a point about how useless photos are in a case like this. They tell us more about the motives of the seller than they do about the item itself. Caveat Emptor.

Tim
                        "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

Even with poor pictures this is definitely not an original RK.<O</O

Comment

Originally posted by Dez H
                            Even with poor pictures this is definitely not an original RK.<O</O
                            Unfortunatly I still need to learn alot on RKs.

@Tamerlane : No problem mate , I got my answer now , and am happy with it

Frank Scheepers

Comment

Frank; Not having a go at you, if you even have a casual interest in Iron Crosses you should get your hands on a copy of Gordon’s book on the Iron Cross of 1939, for virtually a complete reference on Iron Crosses from all periods get a copy of the Iron Time. Knowledge is power, use it or loose it!
                              <O</O

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X