• Show
Clear All

need help on this ek1

Thoughts?

sigpic

sigpic

Comment

Is that the same cross, front and back?

It's got a K&Q frame and core, and a Meybauer-style pin system. Could be a replaced pin system I guess. Kind of interesting, but I'd want to hold this one before committing to an opinion.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Same cross, yes.
        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

At a guess I would say a repaired K&Q.

I wouldn't give a 100% without holding it though.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Definitely looks repaired to me. This is why I had to discuss it. Pin set up just had me concerned.
              sigpic

Comment

Both pictures does not match!!!
                Front K&Q!
                Rear P.M.!

The lenght of the pin is different, so both pictures does not match!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 5tefan View Post
                  Both pictures does not match!!!
                  Front K&Q!
                  Rear P.M.!

The lenght of the pin is different, so both pictures does not match!!!
                  I just took these pics myself just before posting this. Why would I screw myself by posting a reverse of a different cross. And yes the pin passes the bottom of the cross
                  sigpic

Comment

I think in the front shot the pin has been pushed to the other side making it look a different length than from the rear shot. I believe we have a repair here and replacement hardware. Not worth anywear near 275 US even if it were complete unmarked versions of either a K&Q or Meybauer. (If that is the price)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campbell View Post
                      I think in the front shot the pin has been pushed to the other side making it look a different length than from the rear shot. I believe we have a repair here and replacement hardware. Not worth anywear near 275 US even if it were complete unmarked versions of either a K&Q or Meybauer. (If that is the price)
                      I think the camera angle just made the pin look longer in one picture than the other. As far as price I usually wont pay more than 150 for these from here. This is a good friend of mine and he's had most of these since the sixties and probably only payed two dollars for each one.

Regardless, thanks to all for the help. I passed this up for several iab's and gab's instead.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello there,

Looks like a period cross with a repaired catch. Hopefully you don't pay anywhere near the asking price...

William Kramer
                        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

$150 is pretty cheap for a first class and different versions bring different prices. The cheapest ones will be unmarked common makers, like K&Q, Meybauer, Deumer. There are others you won't get for that price.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X