Factory damaged KVK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory damaged KVK1

I just got this one in the mail. Bought it knowing it was damaged, but was surprised to see that it (imop) it was damaged at the factory and not by someone screwing around with it.
    I noted that the cut to the top arm is a nice straight sheer cut and as you follow the line out it, whatever did the damage also cut the tip of the sword too. When I checked the back I noted that there are two distict smooth imprints. I don' know if it was the edges of the press or possibly another award got jammed on it.
    One thing is for sure, this is one strong piece of metal. I can't bend the broken tip of the arm at all.
    Has anyone else seen any pieces similar to this?

Andy
    Last edited by Andy B.; 09-26-2010, 09:35 AM. Reason: fat fingers hit send before I was done
    Collecting minis and KVKs

hit send too quick...here are the pics....
    Attached Files

Comment

Oh, one last thing. I know it tough to tell without the hardware, but does this look like a Deschler piece?
      Thanks,
      Andy

Comment

Yes, IMO, it looks like a Deschler.

Robert
        Attached Files

Comment

Boy Robert, thats one crappy looking cross you have there. No character at all. Wanna trade

Serioulsy tho, thanks for showing yours and I think your right, I can see some definate similarities.
          Andy

Comment

Andy,

Unfortunately this cross is the hands of another owner now. At the time I bought it years ago I asked Mr. Weitze to send me the best example he had. He certainly did.

Robert

Comment

Both good crosses but yours is a dazzler Robert

Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X