Three EK II ... opinion needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, better

This one is a known cross, hard to find, could be a Juncker but I would like to have other opinions.

Comment

Fabri, I can see why you mention Juncker, but I don't see Juncker's hands on that cross. I think it's a nice, slightly abused original cross, but I don't personally know the maker.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
        Fabri, I can see why you mention Juncker, but I don't see Juncker's hands on that cross. I think it's a nice, slightly abused original cross, but I don't personally know the maker.
        I understand your point of view because there are just some similarities with a Juncker frame and dates design are different but I 've written it because I have read that some collectors consider the possibility this one could be a Juncker.

Comment

Strange one .... but not a Juncker .

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
            I understand your point of view because there are just some similarities with a Juncker frame and dates design are different but I 've written it because I have read that some collectors consider the possibility this one could be a Juncker.
            To me the biggest sign that it is not a Juncker is the shape. It has the jumpring lug, like Juncker. It may have the cross-hatching, I don't know. But every single Juncker I have ever seen has the same shape, no matter what frame, core, or reverse EK1 hardware is used. No matter what variants, every Juncker has the same shape -- and this is not it.

I think this was done so that any Juncker frame could be fitted with any Juncker core and (more importantly) any Juncker backplate (for the EK1). Aesthetic considerations may have come into play, but I guess mostly it was a desire to make components interchangeable. So, until it is proven otherwise, I don't consider any cross a Juncker that does not have the traditional Juncker shape, seen here:

Best regards,
            Streptile

Comment

Hmm interesting information has Trevor provided. It makes a sense what you recently wrote.

BTW: I have same Juncker as you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by EK-collector View Post
                BTW: I have same Juncker as you posted.
                Let's see it then
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Comment

I hope I am right :- x I am learning about EKs

Comment

Originally posted by Asbjoern View Post

Any new ideas on this EK II ?? As it should be put on E-stand within the next days I would like to give - if possible - the correct name to it ... and how does the missing ring decreases the worth of the cross ?
                    Thanks,

Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                    X