Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 - '93' or not

Hello All,

Can anyone identify maker of this EK2? Stamp on ring looks as some kind of 93 (matrix mistake?).

I found the thread from 2004 with the same question from GregM, but no conclusion on this.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=ek2+93

I enclose also pictures of the cross. Does it look like Richard Simm & Söhne
    (93)?

Does it look good to you at all?

Regards,
    JSL
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

That's a strange one... the cross itself looks like a Klein & Quenzer and nothing at all like my '93', but I can't explain the maker mark...
      Can we see the reverse?
      Regards - Danny

Here's my '93' (very wide frame on this one).
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Danny70; 09-07-2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

3. Reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks JSL,

It still looks like a K&Q to me...
          Lets hear what some others have to say.

Regards - Danny

Comment

Not a 93. They have a wide frame like the 24 and are quite distinctive. Different core also.

Comment

Thanks Danny.
              I am looking forward to other member's opinions.

JSL

Comment

JSL,

Just a thought, Is the ring closed?
                If not, it may be replaced from a different medal.... '43' or '93'?

Comment

I agree with Danny and Steve -- it's a K&Q 65 with a different ring. Nice cross though.
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I agree with you all and sure the ring was replaced.

Comment

I've just had a chance to have a look at this thread on a good quality monitor, and there is no question about it - the ring is even a different kind of metal, possibly taken from a KVK2.

Regards - Danny

Comment

Many thanks gentelmen for your opinions.

In fact, the ring has signs of third parties actions which may explain its inadequate maker mark and different award origin.

As it seems to be a Q&K '65' on the wrong ring - would you buy this cross for your collections and if you would decide to buy how big discount would you expect form the seller?

Regards,

JSL

Comment

I like the KVK2 theory. 43 is a known maker of KVKs, but not EKs as far as I know. As for buying it, it's a very nice looking cross with a replecement pin. Period or later replacement? No way to tell. Hard to find maker? No. It would depend on price really. This cross is in good shape with a very nice patina. I would pick it up cheap, but would not pay premium rates for it. A marked 65 isn't that hard to find, let alone one with incorrect parts.

Comment

Originally posted by JSL View Post
                            would you buy this cross for your collections and if you would decide to buy how big discount would you expect form the seller?
                            I would skip it. Good marked 65s are easy to find, and 93s are available as well. Just hold out for something better.
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X