Iron Cross on Flagpole top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Cross on Flagpole top

Don't really know into which forum to place this item. It is a flagpole top the likes of which I have never seen. I am looking for any and all information that I can obtain. It is made out of bakelite rather than metal, and looks to have been cut off of the actual flagpole as the metal top is still in the base and shows shear marks where it was cut. The detail is superb even under magnification. All the beading on the EK is perfect. Any help in ID'ing this would be most appreciated. The second scan only shows the detail within the wreath and not the whole thing. Thanks in advance.
    Richard V

Let me ressurect this thread. Surley someone must have some input. The Iron Cross on the flagpole it perfect in every detail including the beading. It is exactly the same size as an EK2.
    Thanks for any input.
    Richard V

Comment

POLE TOP

DEAR RICHARD,

THIS IS A POLE TOP FOR A VETERANS ORGANISATION. IT IS IN BAKELITE APPROXIMATELY 9.5" TALL, GOLD SWORD & WREATH, 1939 IRON CROSS AND 194O DATE ON THE OBVERSE CROSSGUARD. a central circle with swastika in the center and "SYMBOL WIRD WAFFE" AROUND THE BORDER ON REVERSE CROSSGUARD. POLE SLOT WITH FOUR HOLES FOR MOUNTING SCREWS. I DONT THINK YOURS HAS BEEN CUT SHORTER.
      VERY NICE DISPLAY ITEM ALTHOUGH NOT VERY HIGH IN PRICE , APPROX 150-2OO $.
      PIETER.
      SUUM CUIQUE ...
      sigpic

Comment

Hello,

i agree with Pieter, it from the "NS-Reichskriegerbund"

Greetings

Heinrich

Comment

Thanks very much for the information guys. I appreciate knowing more about the items that I have. Also glad to know the value is in line with what I paid.
          Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X