Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you think about this one ?

Hello gents

I would like to have your thought about rarity, manufacturer, etc. if you have just seen another one like this because it 's the 1st time for me.
    I 'll show just the back side because the observe helps too much some EK collectors..
    Thanks a lot to anyone for your reply.
    Attached Files

From the back I would say this is a nice and very early Juncker or AWS. I say this only because I have seen this pin system used on interwar ('20s) AWS-marked crosses, notably the rare wide-pin pillowback. The hinge mechanism isn't identical to those, but it's close.

Member aff96 has an example of this type -- I hope he doesn't mind my posting a photo to show what I mean about the pin:

I also notice cut marks on the upper frame that were leftover from cutting a slot in the hinge. This was a practice known to be used by Juncker on other badges -- solder the tube, cut a slot, and insert the pin:

Finally, I believe the frame has the typical Juncker/AWS/W&L shape to it.

So please show us the front .
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Bingo ! my congratulations Trevor !!
      It 's hard to play with you..

Here the front side, I see a Juncker frame and a S&L core.
      Seller says that core is non magnetic.
      Attached Files

Comment

A very very nice and rare Juncker, Fabri!

I have never seen one with a 1939 core and that pin. I am green with envy, but also happy for you --->

By the way, in my opinion this core is by Juncker, not S&L, and is never seen magnetic.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Comment

Great cross Fabri.....

Comment

Oh boy! I it!!!
            Congrats!!!

Comment

Nice Find Fabri, hope you get it!

Comment

A very very nice cross!! I for sure hope that you will get in your fine collection!

Comment

Hi guys
                  thank you all, I appreciated all comments, especially to Trevor that comes with some interesting infos and pics.
                  I bought the cross just before start the thread because I have had same your feeling when I have seen it so I hope to make new pics soon.

Comment

ciao fabri,

to me the core also is 100% juncker.

mandi,
                    stefan

Comment

Good for you Fabri, nice cross!!!! is this pin not the same one used on some wartime (most) Junckers crosses? it appears to be the same pin only soldered to the barrel differently for use with this hinge type?
                      I add a photo of my Juncker pin, it looks like the pin on Fabri's cross is the same only soldered to the edge of the barrel via pin end? Lots of question marks as I am learning! Just the pins look the same!

Trevor... You have a well trained eye for picking out cross makers, cores and variant's! You always amaze me!
                      Regards!
                      Kevin
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                        my Juncker pin ... looks like the pin on Fabri's cross is the same only soldered to the edge of the barrel via pin end?
                        Hi Kevin,
                        I have thought the same thing. Fabri's pin is attached to the hinge pin in a way I associate with AWS EK1s rather than Junckers. There are so many unanswered questions about the relationship between Juncker and AWS, but the fact that they used the same pins, frames, cores and screwback hardware for their EK1s is indisputable. Something was going on there. It is the single most interesting unsolved mystery about the EK1 to me (followed closely by the relationship between Zimmermann and Gebrüder Godet).

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                        Trevor... You have a well trained eye for picking out cross makers, cores and variant's! You always amaze me!
                        Originally posted by Fabri
                        thank you all, I appreciated all comments, especially to Trevor that comes with some interesting infos and pics.
                        Thank you, Kevin and Fabri -- very kind of you
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Comment

Interesting cross Fabri ! Nice find ! Need that one to go with my others !
                          Have the same vaulted Juncker frame and flat core(tombak) with the regular Juncker pinset and dull paint 18 grams- and a flat version -Juncker frame and pin set but vaulted core(tombak) and Juncker paint -19 grams . A small 'ding' on the top 1st 9 and on the bottom loop of the 3 shows a spec of yellow tombak peeking through the silvery plating on the core which otherwise could be easily be mistaken for Zink core .
                          What is the weight on yours and core material .

Douglas
                          Attached Files

Comment

Trevor, Stefan, Douglas, I agree with you it has a Juncker core.
                            Thanks Douglas your comparative explain perfectly the common points.
                            I bought it yesterday so I need to have in my hands for give more infos.

Comment

Hello friends
                              the cross is arrived during the last week, I need to say that IMO it' s a very nice cross, unused, and interesting because the back set-up.
                              It 's nicely lightly vaulted.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X